grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

Avatars had a 1980s run in a 2010's market. 77, to 75, to 68 to 50 to 42, to 34 to 31 to 22, to 23, to 16, to 13...this is not what movies of today do. Not even close. Plus SEVEN weekends at #1, and 14 in the top 10. Nothing recently tops a run like that. Nothing.

• Like 2

So we have a record setting weekend & it's 6pm on the east with no change on mojo except for that terrible article. Wouldn't shock me if the site permanently shuts down at some point in the near future.

I don't care at all about terribly written articles these days on there, just the numbers.  Seriously, pay somebody to stay on top of that shit, not hard.  Its not like people are gonna stop using that place because the shit articles are now being written by amateur.

There is no bait-and-switch with JP4. That was a big turnoff for Godzilla even though the ending of that one was pretty good too.

You know Godzilla is a total dud when the ending of this movie was a lot more entertaining(even if silly) than that one's.

I had it at 74, but that was before this massive breakout. No idea how well it will do, especially with JW appealing to families as well. Theater screen allocation, considering 3D and LPF screens as well will be a nightmare for theater owners this weekend.

Eh. Animation doesn't get LPF, so that's not really a concern. 3D is pretty much a given as available if they want it in normal theaters. I don't think it'll be a nightmare to fit what they want in. Might hit the holdovers pretty hard, though.

If this beats TA1, it will arguably be the greatest BO story of all time, IMO.

There are plenty of runs that are already greater stories than TA1. Even ignoring things like Titanic, and the three that Tele mentioned. TDK, for instance. The first Jurassic Park. ET.

Hell, it won't even be the most impressive box office story this year, considering what F7 did in China.

Pretty great read. Another example I would like to point out is Brave's triplets, they only existed to create lighter moments in the film through the use of physical humor.

btw, Minions are the worst, I can't with people who find them funny.

The triplets are pretty integrated into the plot and their shenanigans weren't really utilized to sell the movie as the Minions are.

(FWIW, I do actually enjoy the Minions. But it's a small doses kinda thing. They'd be great if it were just in shorts of a minute or two. Scrat's pretty much the same.)

• Like 1

It's Amazon & BOM is insignificant in that massive corporate structure. Even within IMDB it has little value.

IMHO the studios should pay to help maintain it, kinda like the cable networks are forced to pay for CSPAN. It's a public information resource and God knows the studios have received a ton of positive publicity from BOM through the years, which has likely led to even more revenue for them.

You really love to fall back on this as an option, don't you?

When a blogger pretends to know the difference between what is pure and what is supposedly manufactured, yep, I call that arrogance.

And this guy hidden behind his computer, I would like him to tell to Pierre Coffin s face how the Minions are a shit creation, manufactured in a marketing laboratory by evil Universal suits, how Coffin is a french, petty hired gun.

Yep, I d like to see this conversation between this brilliant blogger that wrote this brilliant article and Pierre Coffin and his team, you know, those soulless mercenaries controlled by the Powers That Be.

This guy has the right to dislike the Minions, but his theory behind their existence is simply not true.

I am not naive either, of course, I know when the Universal guys saw the Minions, they understood their potential and marketed them to death. Kids go gaga over the minions, so fucking what ? Even adults like them, they are inspired by the absurdity of Tex Avery, one of Coffin s influence.

I even saw an interview of a powerful producer that worked both on Ice Age and the Despicable me and those two franchises have the same thing in common : the stars of their films are not the main characters of the story. Scratch and Minions, true, very strong similarities.

Amazon.

Amazon owns 

- The movie critical ratings site Rotten Tomatoes

- The biggest movie database in the world IMDB

- The biggest box office numbers database in the world Box office mojo

- The single biggest retailer of movie DVDs, Blu-Rays etc. Amazon.com

That is a lot of movie based knowledge both upstream and downstream in the hands of a single big conglomerate. I am shocked these aren't integrated better. 

A "buy this on amazon" link for Rotten Tomatoes, or BOM, or IMDB. RT ratings on IMDB pages, BOM pages and so on. Would be great integration for them.

Yes, but there are ways of "manufacturing" where you let your artists tell a story and then figure out a way to market it, not the reverse.

Like the blogger of the article you linked, you are just making this up out of your ass, this is not how it happened and the makers of Despicable Me cared as much as Gru s story and the orphans than the minions, sorry.

Kids and people had a stronger reaction to the Minions and the studio took advantage of that. Big fucking deal.

Beep Beep and the Coyotee were st00pid too but very funny.

Hate is a blinding dark light.

Edited by The Futurist

When a blogger pretends to know the difference between what is pure and what is supposedly manufactured, yep, I call that arrogance.

And this guy hidden behind his computer, I would like him to tell to Pierre Coffin s face how the Minions are a shit creation, manufactured in a marketing laboratory by evil Universal suits, how Coffin is a french, petty hired gun.

Yep, I d like to see this conversation between this brilliant blogger that wrote this brilliant article and Pierre Coffin and his team, you know, those soulless mercenaries controlled by the Powers That Be.

That's not really what the article said.

• Like 1

There is no bait-and-switch with JP4. That was a big turnoff for Godzilla even though the ending of that one was pretty good too.

Yup, Jurassic World never tried to hide what it was since the first teaser debuted.