jb007

Tuesday Actuals: JW 24.3M | DOWN GOES TDK TUESDAY | Not the Spielberg, Cameron, or Nolan thread!

Take away the Joker and TDK doesn't do a quarter what it did.

Take away Darth Vader and SW doesn't do a quarter of what it did

Take away Aragorn and LOTR doesn't do a quarter of what it did.

Why is this even brought up? A movie is greater than a sum of its parts. Titanic did what it did because of a litany of reasons, the sinking was one but the love story was the main part.

heretic isnt playing with a full deck. Dude posts madness in the avtr thread all the time. If its so easy to do why is james the only one to do it so well and back to back with a chance for the hat trck jaw dropping bo repeat. Amen baum.

Do yu think sws can get jp world and the ow record in dec? I think of all the films in winter season only avtr 2 and sw have a shot. Has any film ever taken the ow record on dec?

Baumer. You agree with me that it could be embarrassing with avtr 2 potentially making more than both sw7 and jp world. Im going to really make noise in here lol. I wonder what heretic and pdc and noctis will come up with next. Some sites think 700-900m domestic for avtrv2. Oh my but its not relevant anymore baum. Hah hah. Dude takes 13 yr break and breaks the unbreakable with mad money and awards to spare. Lets see jp world or sw7 pull that off. Whats crazy baum is when you speak to folks in japan and china. They all sat avatar 2 is going tp set all time records when it comes out. Love it

Honestly Kal, I have no idea what it will do.  But I will never count Cameron out of anything.  The man is box office gold and he makes films people want to see.  I do think it is inevitable that it drops not only here but WW, but that is just the norm.  But then again, it's Cameron so all bets are off.

Take away the Joker and TDK doesn't do a quarter what it did.

Take away Darth Vader and SW doesn't do a quarter of what it did

Take away Aragorn and LOTR doesn't do a quarter of what it did.

Why is this even brought up?  A movie is greater than a sum of its parts.  Titanic did what it did because of a litany of reasons, the sinking was one but the love story was the main part.  

don't forget this slayage:

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 3

I'm not going to get into my love for Titanic.  It about as perfect as they come in my eyes, especially Horner's score and Dion's ballad.  It was just a perfect film in every way imo.

• Like 2

As for the score of Avatar you could play the score with a big sign in bold flashing letters saying this is the score to Avatar and I still wouldn't know it

hundred of millions would, including myself. So i dont think it matters on what you say on the soundtrack. I feel its rivals jp score bigtime and is more emotional and spiritually involving. No wonder folks were falling over themselves to keep rewatching and telling a friend. Bravo.

Despite all the theate increases os and here jp world will lose by over 1.2 b. Ouch.

Still amazing comeback and its the first old franchise to make such a huge return on the domestic and os front. Wow

Edited by Superman001

hundred of millions would, including myself. So i dont think it matters on what you say on the soundtrack. I feel its rivals jp score bigtime and is more emotional and spiritually involving. No wonder folks were falling over themselves to keep rewatching and telling a friend. Bravo.

Despite all the theate increases os and here jp world will lose by over 1.2 b. Ouch.

Still amazing comeback and its the first old franchise to make such a huge return on the domestic and os front. Wow

Why is it an ouch to not make what the biggest earner in the history of film made?

I always fall asleep during Titanic, I've never once sat through an entire viewing of it. It's pretty boring and overly long. 

I saw Titanic 7 times at the theater and cried every time.  

I've seen in at home about another 10 times.

It never gets old, never gets dull, it can't be dismissed or ignored and it absolutely will not stop entertaining ever, until you are dead......

• Like 3