#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Disney doesn't "need" anything, just take a look at their stock price. I guess they need SW7 not to bomb but other than that they are a well oiled machine in film, & getting the most out of their talent & content. In retrospect the idea behind Tomorrowland really sucked for the GA.

Disney still took a loss with Tomorrowland though, so Inside Out breaking out will help mitigate that. Ant-man needs to hit it out of the park too. It sounds weird saying it but by the end of the summer, the big news could likely not be about Marvel Studios or superhero films. 

Disney still took a loss with Tomorrowland though, so Inside Out breaking out will help mitigate that. Ant-man needs to hit it out of the park too. It sounds weird saying it but by the end of the summer, the big news could likely not be about Marvel Studios or superhero films.

Could be? I think F7 and JW have already stolen all that thunder this year.

• Like 2

Antman doing well would be great but does it kill the MCU if it bombs? No, far from it with how many films they have coming by 2019.

So assuming JW reaches 650m by the end of its run (current projection according to Gitesh)...

Could it end up the top movie for 2015, or is SW7 likely to make more?

Technically nothing is "locked" for 650m+, but SW is about the biggest, most storied, and culturally permeating movie franchise ever. It would be shocking to me if TFA is well received that it  can't beat JW. People are saying nostalgia drove JW, and if that's true then it really makes no sense why TFA wouldn't be a box office record smasher.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Technically nothing is "locked" for 650m+, but SW is about the biggest, most storied, and culturally permeating movie franchise ever. It would be shocking to me if TFA is well received that it  can't beat JW. People are saying nostalgia drove JW, and if that's true then it really makes no sense why TFA wouldn't be a box office record smasher.

People obviously thought JW looked good, it wasn't just their memories of the first film. As long as SW7 is good the sky *should* be the limit..

Technically nothing is "locked" for 650m+, but SW is about the biggest, most storied, and culturally permeating movie franchise ever. It would be shocking to me if TFA is well received that it can't beat JW. People are saying nostalgia drove JW, and if that's true then it really makes no sense why TFA wouldn't be a box office record smasher.

Agreed but I guess you could say the SW series still continued in the last ten years with TV shows, books, video games etc and it didn't really "leave"

Antman doing well would be great but does it kill the MCU if it bombs? No, far from it with how many films they have coming by 2019.

Yeah but they're not the only ones coming out with films. Next year we're going to have 7 superhero films; Im not saying that MCU will be killed, just that its inevitable that one or two will fail or under-perform.

Yeah but they're not the only ones coming out with films. Next year we're going to have 7 superhero films; Im not saying that MCU will be killed, just that its inevitable that one or two will fail or under-perform.

Too much saturation already why TA2 relatively underperformed.

I believe SW7 will be huge! But on the counter argument: dinosaurs are a little bit more mainstream than space.

I can't really speak for it since I don't live in the states, but I think SW7 has a weaker appeal OS compared to the Jurassic franchise.

Do kids and teenagers know the original trilogy and treat it with the same reverence as their parents?