#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

48%.

K i'm going to try to do some math here so everyone gather as I fail at that.

So TDK adjusts to 604M and JW is about 48% 3D Share on OW. Let's assume that the DOM total will have that same share.

The average ticket price according to BOM is 8.12$ so that puts TDK ticket sales at around 74-74.5M

If JW sells that same amount of tickets with 48% 3D share that means it'll sell 35.76M in 3D and 38.74M in non-3D.

3D is usually about 2$ higher then regular showings so 35.76x10.12 = 361.9M and 38.74x8.12 = 314.6M

if we add that up we get 676.6M so JW would have to be higher then that to pass TDK in admissions.

I'm also bad at math though so this could all be complete gibberish

hey guys/gals I just got back from work.

only 102 huh?

That would be second behind Avengers

I bet the Actual's will pass the Avengers.

Ofcourse, IMHO

• Like 1

K i'm going to try to do some math here so everyone gather as I fail at that.

So TDK adjusts to 604M and JW is about 48% 3D Share on OW. Let's assume that the DOM total will have that same share.

The average ticket price according to BOM is 8.12$ so that puts TDK ticket sales at around 74-74.5M

If JW sells that same amount of tickets with 48% 3D share that means it'll sell 35.76M in 3D and 38.74M in non-3D.

3D is usually about 2$ higher then regular showings so 35.76x10.12 = 361.9M and 38.74x8.12 = 314.6M

if we add that up we get 676.6M so JW would have to be higher then that to pass TDK in admissions.

I'm also bad at math though so this could all be complete gibberish

You have to factor in total 3D share not OW 3D share though. They're not the same thing. Total should be less because the movie will start losing 3D screens after OW or 2nd weekend. Also just because 48% saw it in 3D on OW doesn't mean it will maintain that percentage anyway. It really would be nice if we could get total 3D share reports or 3D shares for every weekend instead of just OW ones.

• Like 1

You have to factor in total 3D share not OW 3D share though. They're not the same thing. Total should be less because the movie will start losing 3D screens after OW or 2nd weekend. Also just because 48% saw it in 3D on OW doesn't mean it will maintain that percentage anyway. It really would be nice if we could get total 3D share reports or 3D shares for every weekend instead of just OW ones.

Yeah but I don't know what any movies final 3D shares are like so idk where it'll land

you make sense. exactly

Yeah but I don't know what any movies final 3D shares are like so idk where it'll land

That's always the problem with 3D movies and why no one can definitively state what their admissions are. We're not given adequate stats to calculate that. I just always assume that OW 3D shares are the highest share a movie will have in its run due to that's when it has the most 3D showings.  A lot of 3D movies don't play in 3D hardly at all after the 3rd/4th weekend, depending on how many other 3D movies have been released.

Just got out of my second showing of JW.  It was probably 75% full, but know that I was back where I grew up in South Carolina and movies NEVER sell out there.  Ever.  So the theater being that full is a great sign.

I D K.  I know the movie has flaws.  At times it can dance on the very thin line of entertaining and cheesy.  But overall I  just think this is the heart of what a summer blockbuster is.  At it's heart it IS what the Jurassic franchise is.  And don't get me wrong, nothing will ever touch the original, but for a completely new team I think they hit it out of the park and more than made a place on the Jurassic mantle.   It's just so damn fun.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1

The only film I've seen so far this year that might have worse characters is Jupiter Ascending.

That film was an absolute shit show.  I went it expecting it to be bad, but it was somehow worse than I prepared myself for.  Has anyone on here started Sense8 on Netflix?  I actually liked the trailers, but The Wachowskis are so hit and miss for me.

The only film I've seen so far this year that might have worse characters is Jupiter Ascending.

The characters in Jurassic World were done just fine. I really enjoyed them all and understood them,

Jupiter, I didn't understand much.... 

But this is where I disagree with you guys/gals