#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

At least with JP4 you could look at JP1's huge overseas total in 1993 and sort of understand it. F7 doubled up the previous high of the F&F franchise. That's pure insanity.

F7 doubled F6 over here. Probably followed a similar pattern everywhere. The next will see a 50% drop WW and everyone will panic. 

IW1 will drop again but I think IW2 will rebound and be the biggest of the remaining Marvel movies. Last time for the TA cast + them mingling with Guardians will make it big

Guardians 2 is perfectly set up to be a movie this board overpredicts

130/330

And everyone will panic.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

130/330

And everyone will panic.

Wait til Ant-Man shits the bed, everyone will be screaming that Marvel is dead

(Well, I guess they already are :rofl: )

• Like 2

They'll periodically update the gross, they just won't report/track dailies anymore.

Exactly, its still playing in over 200 theatres  mix drive-ins(double with JW quite a few) discount houses and still some regular. 

also with reported numbers BOM doesn't always have all of them (ie this weekend reporting 77 but there's at least 85) and Canada in BOM totals sometimes its there full/partial  sometimes not (usually has to do with different distributors in Canada).

but even though there were 85 films with WE reported totals, over 300 films played on weekend.

• Like 6

With BvS & Suicide Squad in the mix next year, the superheroes, Marvel/DC fanboys wars are gonna reach a new level of stupid next year.

Think team Edward/ Team Jacob level of awesomeness.

• Like 1

Oh, I can't wait for the articles saying Marvel brand is starting to fade after this Summer's numbers... 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

With BvS & Suicide Squad in the mix next year, the superheroes, Marvel/DC fanboys wars are gonna reach a new level of stupid next year.

Think team Edward/ Team Jacob level of awesomeness.

And then Dory comes along next summer and slays them all...

• Like 1

If AM bombs, all we'll need is for F4 to do the same and watch all the BVS/Civil War/Apocalypse predictions plummet.

F4 is bombing for sure, been rooting for that one because of the internet toxicity but it has nonexistent buzz

I'm gonna be generous and say it'll take about 18 months for the internet consensus to look at jurassic world on a phantom menace/crystal skull level.

I'll probably still like it.

F4 is bombing for sure, been rooting for that one because of the internet toxicity but it has nonexistent buzz

Yeah, that is fucked. It will probably squeak past 100M but that is it. FOX won't give up, tho, they will still move forward with a crossover with X-Men, I am 100% sure :lol: 

Oh, I can't wait for the articles saying Marvel brand is starting to fade after this Summer's numbers... 

The think pieces are gonna pop all over the place, trades, geek sites.

September is gonna be glorious.

• Like 1