Bonenash

Tuesday Actuals: Jurassic World - 13.13M | Inside Out 13.04M

Looks like JW will win the BO crown domestically, and FF7 will win internationally for the year...until (maybe) December. A big win for Universal Studio!

I wonder what Disney's response will be if that happens:

giphy.gif

So every studio which has a bunch of hits, makes a ton of money, but doesn't finish #1 throws a temper tantrum?

I think you are confusing studios with the fanboys who brag about various studios "winning the year".  (an odd thing to root for)

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 2

See every studio which has a bunch of hits, makes a ton of money, but doesn't finish #1 throws a temper tantrum?

I think you are confusing studios with the fanboys who brag about various studios "winning the year".  (an odd thing to root for)

Finishing #1 for the year is a very, very good thing to present to the executives and shareholders of the media conglomerates that own these studios, and you can be rest assured that Disney and all the suits at ABCDisney expected them to be #1 this year.

• Like 1

Yeah, apparently the $1.169b OS number was a mistake. (I am betting that whoever reported the number which was on BOM and the number that is still on The-Numbers meant to hit the 0 key but accidentally hit the 9 key.)

Edited by TServo2049

Yeah, apparently the $1.169b OS number was a mistake. (I am betting that whoever reported the number which was on BOM and the number that is still on The-Numbers accidentally hit the 9 key instead of the 0 key.)

BOM has become typo central recently.

• Like 1

This one is not BOM's fault - The-Numbers also has $1.169b.

I swear I remember another incident last year where one source reported one number and another source reported a number, and the difference came down a difference in one digit where the two numbers are right next to each other on the keyboard. But I forget what it was...

Edited by TServo2049

Underdogs is going to be this year's Epic. No way it only hits 20m.

Shaun the Sheep is closer to this year's Epic  :lol:  both should do $20-30 million DOM combined. 

Underdogs looks awful! And it's from Weinstein... not exactly known for marketing non-Oscar fare except Paddington. 

Underdogs would be lucky to do more than $20 million. Especially since IO, Minions, Pixels and Ant-Man will keep family audiences well-satisfied. If Underdogs were from Blue Sky, I could see where you're coming from... but this looks as bad as Foodfight!