baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

One poster: this is pretty funny

others: WHAT? HE'S A RETARDED NOBODY! WHAT AN ASSSSHOOLLLE"

-the internet at large tbh.

Where do you position yourself on the Internet IQ & Wit scale ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

That guy Keith is pretty stupid. Seriously. He is making no sense. 

he is making sense, that's what is pissing fan boys/ girls off

Tele has a point about this film.

it is not like Jurassic Park at all,

Jurassic Park felt real and didn't have a stupid plot and plot holes.

Not really a spoiler : BUT, what the hell happened to the kids parents as seen in the trailer? did they end up getting divorced? what the hell, dangle my plot point... good gawd! 

• Like 1

I am indifferent to this stuff, it's just rhetorical snark. I've had to listen to people snark/nitpick about how in JP1, neither the characters nor the audience can hear or see the T-Rex coming before he ambushes the raptors, and I eventually acknowledged that it was a fully valid point but that the movie had earned the right to play loose with logic like that. Whatever.

That comes at the climax, and it's about what spielberg said when the author of JAWS told him the ending with the shark with the oxygen tank was bullshit. I'm paraphrasing but he said something like it doesn't matter what he did, by that point the audience would just go with him wherever.

• Like 1

There was an evacuation plan. It involved getting people off the island in ferries.

This reminds me - in the trailer, wasn't there a line (VO over a different scene) of someone saying they didn't have enough boats to get everyone off the island? Was that thread just dropped from the final cut? Was the line just recorded for the trailer?

Not really a spoiler : BUT, what the hell happened to the kids parents as seen in the trailer? did they end up getting divorced? what the hell, dangle my plot point... good gawd!

Nope, its way better than Jurassic Park. And the entire movie hinges on a ridiculous plot point

This Keith guy is starting to make me think twice about the film.

Keith Calder ‏@keithcalder  39m

Why was there no evacuation procedure? Forget hurricanes, 20,000+ people, fire or any other number of things.

Meh. I'm watching JP1 and that film has a lot of plot contrivances in its own right. Kind of comes with the territory in this genre.

• Like 3

One poster: this is pretty funny

others: WHAT? HE'S A RETARDED NOBODY! WHAT AN ASSSSHOOLLLE"

-the internet at large tbh.

The first person is worse. He is encouraging more crappy reviews.

The second person is being honest, and more criticism of reviewers is always a good thing. :ph34r:

Edited by Mojoguy

You know, you can say JW is a dumb movie, but don't say the original Jurassic Park is smart and logical, without any plot holes whatsoever.