baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Avengers 2 did all right but definitely below expectations. Nobody was expecting Jurassic World to beat it in any shape or form lol

AOU was the first time that there was a ridiculously high box office expectation from a Marvel movie, analysts just couldn't put a number below 200/600 or so as the baseline. Every movie till AOU had more realistic expectations as the heroes weren't as well known or no prior track record.

Indy 4 is the most despised movie of that franchise, by a long shot. The toxic word of mouth was mind-blowing and if there are more movies in the series Shia will be nowhere near them.

That might be the case but from a quality a standpoint I would rather have Shia back than Pratt

• Like 1

Indy 4 is the most despised movie of that franchise, by a long shot. The toxic word of mouth was mind-blowing and if there are more movies in the series Shia will be nowhere near them.

Yet Indy 4 is still certified fresh by critics with 78% on RT. Critics gave it some pretty good reviews. :shades:

• Like 1

I like Indy 4.

3rd act falls kinda flat, but I thought Harrison slipped back into the Indy shoes pretty nicely, even if there were some wacky moments that really stick out.

• Like 6

That might be the case but from a quality a standpoint I would rather have Shia back than Pratt

The studio probably cares more about the profit standpoint, though I personally disagree with you about the quality thing as well.

Shia won't be anywhere near a new Indiana Jones movie. Count on it.