baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Fuck Axl Rose, he wrecked one of the great bands with his over inflated ego.

And I'm pissed I never saw them in their heyday

He's a gigantic a-hole, but there was no one better than that dude at entertaining a crowd in his prime. Even his rants are a blast to watch on YouTube. GN'R was an awesome band. This just destroys anything a movie like Rock of Ages could ever hope to do:

My take on ROA (I know it's not the Rock of Ages thread)

Cruise took voice lessons for four months to make it sound good.  He did all his own singing. He also went on a routine to give him the rock star body, complete with abs.  He's easily the best thing about ROA and imo, he should have been nominated for an oscar.

Baldwin and Brand's characters were funny and them sharing a kiss after singing I can't fight this feeling is one of the better parts of the film.

Hough is insanely sexy in here.

Cruise and Ackerman just say fuck it and go for it during their hilarious kissing scene.

Giamatti is an awesome scumbag

The music is infectious and I loved every minute of it.

The behind the scenes on the BR has a piece where Def Leopard comes to the set to see Cruise sing Pour some Sugar on Me.  It's awesome.

This is by far my favourite musical, passing Singing in the Rain.

• Like 1

I should probably try and make my way through more of Tom's 80s-mid 2000s filmography

Good times will be had.

The worst movie of that entire timeframe is Vanilla Sky, and he's still good in it.

Ok, truth be told...I don't like Cocktail.

• Like 2

Good times will be had.

The worst movie of that entire timeframe is Vanilla Sky, and he's still good in it.

Vanilla Sky is the second best film of 2001 imo.

Good times will be had.

Elizabeth Shue, though