baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Honestly...it wouldn't make sense.

They don't need them.

I always wondered if a giant tech company would buy one of the big media corporation that owns a studio though, it could happen along the line ...

Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook all these corporations have billions to spare ...

Inside Out

Money's not a pout

Inside Out

I'm-a gonna shout

Inside Out

Animation drought

Inside Out

Not for little sprouts

Jurassic World

Not gonna curled

Jurassic World

Continues its whirled

Jurassic World

History's unfurled

Jurassic World

Clams are pearled

Fuck you Ted.

• Like 3

I always wondered if a giant tech company would buy one of the big media corporation that owns a studio though, it could happen along the line ...

Google, Apple, Microsoft, Facebook all these corporations have billions to spare ...

Fucking Seagrams owned Uni at one point...

So why not?

Well, it's 1AM here and the last half of T2 is calling me....I think it's time to turn in.

They only lived the face a new nightmare, the war against the machines : cue Brad Fiedel iconic theme :

"ta ta ta ta ta ta"

• Like 1

Fucking Seagrams owned Uni at one point...

So why not?

True story:

Seagrams was owned by the Bronfman's.  They are Canadian gazillionaires.  My mom's cousin was their main financial adviser.  In the early 90's when I was trying to get my first film off the ground, I took the script to my 2nd cousin and pitched it to him, he said No thanks.  We then asked him point blank if he would help us finance the film and he again said NO.  Here we were, two young kids trying to finance their first film and we were talking to the financial adviser of the guys who owned Universal.  :)

Well, the first time is interesting. The second time?

Simple.

Titanic made 1.8 mother fucking billion dollars.

It's not just Avatar and Titanic, though.  Jim's made only two bombs in his CAREER (Piranha 2 and The Abyss).  In an era of escalating budgets and as Futurist mentioned, constantly setting records for the most expensive movie ever made, it's amazing that Cameron hasn't failed at the turnstiles since.

Brad Bird made Tomorrowland.  Andrew Stanton made John Carter.  John McTiernan made both Last Action Hero and The 13th Warrior.

True story:

Seagrams was owned by the Bronfman's.  They are Canadian gazillionaires.  My mom's cousin was their main financial adviser.  In the early 90's when I was trying to get my first film off the ground, I took the script to my 2nd cousin and pitched it to him, he said No thanks.  We then asked him point blank if he would help us finance the film and he again said NO.  Here we were, two young kids trying to finance their first film and we were talking to the financial adviser of the guys who owned Universal.  :)

When I hit my first billion, I'm financing your film Baumer.

In other words....don't quit your day job.

• Like 3

It's not just Avatar and Titanic, though.  Jim's made only two bombs in his CAREER (Piranha 2 and The Abyss).  In an era of escalating budgets and as Futurist mentioned, constantly setting records for the most expensive movie ever made, it's amazing that Cameron hasn't failed at the turnstiles since.

Brad Bird made Tomorrowland.  Andrew Stanton made John Carter.  John McTiernan made both Last Action Hero and The 13th Warrior.

Bombs?  They were hardly bombs. Abyss was a financial disappointment but it was far from a bomb.

• Like 3

Huh? Nah, the best she ever looked was when she was on stage with that snake. 

And close behind would have been her MTV Oops I did it Again performance.

This brings back memories.  :wub:  :wub:  That woman did things to me.

When I hit my first billion, I'm financing your film Baumer.

In other words....don't quit your day job.

It wasn't worth financing.  I still have the script we wrote.  It was called The Engima and it was about two fucked up relationships.  But it wasn't that good.  

i'd finance your movie baumer but imma need you to take some classes on character development first

So I've been told.  

It wasn't worth financing. I still have the script we wrote. It was called The Engima and it was about two fucked up relationships. But it wasn't that good.

I like Congo (1995).

You're good.

Edited by kowhite
  • Like 1

Bombs?  They were hardly bombs. Abyss was a financial disappointment but it was far from a bomb.

Point still stands.  I was debating Abyss, but the suits seemed anxious enough in my research for it to qualify.  Even with stupidly insane bloated budgets, Jim still comes out on top.

I can't wait until the $400 million budgeted Avatar 2: The Quickening makes $3 billion worldwide

• Like 3