CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

IO and Minions are going to combine for 700m+. Great summer for animation at the BO. Doesn't top the 900m+ made by TS3, DM1, and Shrek 4 in summer 2010, but those were 3 movies not 2.

Lil' better than the 230m combined total of How to Train Your Dragon and Planes last summer  :P

• Like 3

Lil' better than the 230m combined total of How to Train Your Dragon and Planes last summer  :P

:lol:

Forgot how huge summer 2013 was too though for animation. Even bigger haul than 2010's, but there were a whopping 5 big studio animation releases (DM2, Monsters University, Turbo, Epic, Planes).

Wtf is gallow ?

Gopher what's mikes number

The Gallows is a movie that was released this weekend. No one cares about it but I would like to know the Sunday drop. :)

• Like 1

The fact that Minions is going up to 117 makes me really pissed it couldn't muster the extra 4m to get Shrek 3 off the record. Sucks such an awful movie has kept one of the longer records in modern box office.

It's still just an estimate though.

• Like 2

A Lame Found Footage type of horror movie that really should've went straight to DVD or VOD..

Lame it might be, but how can you say it should have gone straight to VOD/DVD when it made like bajillion times its budget by being reased widely?

• Like 3

Universal is weird this year last year they just had modest budget films like Neighbors, Ouija, Dumb & Dumber To, Unbroken, Purge 2, and Lucy. This year they have bigger budget films(Jurassic World, Furious 7, and Minions)and possibly 5 modest budget films(Fifty Shades Of Grey, Boy Next Door, Unfriended, and possibly Trainwreck and Straight Outta Compton). Plus 3 of these have increased in the actuals from the estimates.

Edited by Maxmoser3

Don't worry it doesn't have toxic WOM - the A cinema score proves this. Some Pixar fanboys just want it to fail just so IO could do even better.

Yeah. I mean....haven't Pixar won too much already 5 years in a row from 2008-2012?

Pixar....let's someone else win this year for a change. I think next year, Pixar can win. But not this year.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1