CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Maybe the thought that WB's San Andreas will outperform Fury Road has really conjured up rage here? I don't love Minions. But, I love a grand, potentially records breaking OW. So... I'm loving the numbers.

That's not here, that is ERC 

• Like 1

Yes (unless Mexico screw up their group). July 19th will see both the top 2 teams from Group C play in the quarterfinals at metlife. This means that as long as Mexico finishes either 1st or 2nd in their group, they will play there on that date.

So what if Mexico loses on Sunday? I'm thinking about waiting to see Sunday's game, but I risk losing decent seats.

(go Minions!)

Edited by #ED

l-homme-qui-valait-des-minions,M132630.j

A Proud Daddy.

And he does ALL the voices of all of them.

Reporter: "Do you feel bad about releasing the Minions onto the global public? Do you feel responsible for the madness and saturation, driving people insane?"

Pierre: "Haha fuck no, man. It's not like I released crystal meth or nuclear weapons or 3D on the world. Gotdamn."

• Like 3

So what if Mexico loses on Sunday?

(go Minions!)

If they lose to Gautemala, they might as well just pack up and head south of the border. But even if they (somehow decide to forget to play football and ) lose on Sunday, they can win on Wednesday and still play at Metlife.

• Like 1

If they lose to Gautemala, they might as well just pack up and head south of the border. But even if they (somehow decide to forget to play football and ) lose on Sunday, they can win on Wednesday and still play at Metlife.

Would you say wait till they win on Sunday then immediately buy?

People need to get over it. Fury Road was great, but it wasnt the second coming of Christ. We all should be happy Mad Max even made $100M in the first place. $150M is a HUGE overachievement.

150m is really good for a post apocalyptic R-rated action movie.  You're just not really gonna make much more money than 150m as an R-rated film unless you're a raunchy comedy that hits the mark.  I think 300 is the only exception in the last 10 years.

• Like 1

Maybe the thought that WB's San Andreas will outperform Fury Road has really conjured up rage here? I don't love Minions. But, I love a grand, potentially records breaking OW. So... I'm loving the numbers.

It seems there's a possibility that Minions could do 1b OS. That's right, it's going to outdo every big movie not named FF7 this year OS. Studios should give up making movie for grown-ups and just making kid movies instead. Kids are more influential and easier to please after all.

Edited by KATCH 22

I can't help wondering, could this year challenge the early 00s in tickets?

July/early August should be huge

Fall 2015 might push it over the edge. I can't remember the last time a Fall slate had that many compelling wide releases

Spectre, GD, MJ2 and SW7 all need to surpass expectations though

Would you say wait till they win on Sunday then immediately buy?

Yup, sounds like a good idea.

I have my FC Barcelona vs LA Galaxy tickets for next week, here's hoping I am in LA that week and don't have to put my tickets up on Stubhub. Would love to see Messi and co play live.

Yup, sounds like a good idea.

I have my FC Barcelona vs LA Galaxy tickets for next week, here's hoping I am in LA that week and don't have to put my tickets up on Stubhub. Would love to see Messi and co play live.

Yeah but I risk losing good seats. It's about 76% sold out already. Whatever I will wait. 9PM EST game! Grrr!

Maybe the thought that WB's San Andreas will outperform Fury Road has really conjured up rage here? I don't love Minions. But, I love a grand, potentially records breaking OW. So... I'm loving the numbers.   It seems there's a possibility that Minions could do 1b OS. It's going to outdo every big movie not named FF7 this year OS. Studios should give up making movie for grown-ups and just making kid movies instead.
You're not serious, I hope

MMXXL is on a bit of comeback. Possibly only a 25-30% drop from last weekend.

They should have never opened it over 4th of July weekend. Because nobody saw it on the 4th of July. It's solid legs are showing that woman skipped it during the holiday weekend. But are still planning on checking it out.

I find it interesting how the Minion voices have gone from three people in DM1 (Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud, Jemain Clement) to two in DM2 (Coffin and Renaud) to just Coffin in Minions, yet you can't really tell their voices apart.

Edited by TServo2049

Yeah but I risk losing good seats. It's about 76% sold out already. Whatever I will wait. 9PM EST game! Grrr!

Buy them in that case. Barring the Mexican team screwing up on a level unimaginable, you should be fine.

I can't help wondering, could this year challenge the early 00s in tickets? July/early August should be huge Fall 2015 might push it over the edge. I can't remember the last time a Fall slate had that many compelling wide releases Spectre, GD, MJ2 and SW7 all need to surpass expectations though
October also looks pretty stacked. The Martian seems to be gaining a lot of buzz (even I have to admit the trailer's pretty awesome), and Spielberg and Zemeckis both with new prestige dramas

You're not serious, I hope

About 1B OS, he is serious. Don't know about the second part. Minions already hit 200M OS before this weekend, will probably finish the weekend with 350-400M OS and 500M WW. China should be good for 150M or so if it grows from DM2.

It seems there's a possibility that Minions could do 1b OS. That's right, it's going to outdo every big movie not named FF7 this year OS. Studios should give up making movie for grown-ups and just making kid movies instead. Kids are more influential and easier to please after all.

Umm... don't forget Star Wars.