CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Kinda? But hitting that number that early was getting us pumped. Then it just died and stayed dead.

It's not like there's anything going on right now is there? No sporting events that I can think of....

What area do you live in? Sorry if you have a location listed, I'm using the mobile version.

Kinda? But hitting that number that early was getting us pumped. Then it just died and stayed dead.

It's not like there's anything going on right now is there? No sporting events that I can think of....

Nop, nothing. 

Actually, Disney had two $100m OWs in 2010 (Alice/TS3), and Lionsgate+Summit had two in 2012 (THG/BD2). But you're right, nobody has had three. Even adjusted for inflation. (Inflation gives Paramount two in 2008, IM1/Indy 4)

Ugh, embarrassing. Note to self: don't look at number charts first thing after a nap.

Kinda interesting that none of the three 100m opening films that Universal had this year is a comics-adaptation. I mean, this is the blockbuster era of comics-adaptations isn't it?

Well Universal didn't really release any comic book movies this year, at least to be my best knowledge.

Edited by Insidearcher

Well Universal didn't really release any comic book movies this year, at least to be my best knowledge.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe Universal has released a comic book movie ANY year since 2008 (TIH and Hellboy II)

Edited by TServo2049