CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

What happened? I'm an NFL fan but I don't follow the box office that closely at that time of year...

Peyton vs. Brady. #ED, a huge Manning fan who had him on his fantasy team, had the meltdown of all meltdowns

• Like 1

What happened? I'm an NFL fan but I don't follow the box office that closely at that time of year...

Ed melted down when Peyton melted down. Meanwhile, the Hungerians were melting down over CF supposedly imploding. Then it jumped big on Saturday and all the Nolanites melted down because TDK's OW was in danger.

• Like 3

Ed melted down when Peyton melted down. Meanwhile, the Hungerians were melting down over CF supposedly imploding. Then it jumped big on Saturday and all the Nolanites melted down because TDK's OW was in danger.

At first we were like this:

tumblr_m3ctxhQq7x1qg39m0o2_500.gif

And then we were like this:

UljJ4D8.gif

• Like 4

Yeah, it was a 3-Stage Event of glory.

• Like 1

What was the weekend thread that turned into pages upon pages of Pokemon, and led to the derailment policy?

Also, the random daily thread that turned into the infamous live riff of Free Birds.

Summer 2014 before GOTG was so boring, it seemed like every numbers thread was a new tangent.

Edited by TServo2049

I don't know, the Avengers 2 thread had everything the CF weekend thread did (minus the NFL), and it did it in the new "No derailments" era. Adjusted for that, it beats the CF thread easily. http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/18564-avengers-official-wknd-estimates-191m-disney/

Although, in terms of post counts to number of users, the TDKR weeekend thread would still come out on top but it was also unfairly boosted by external events which may result in the numbers being goosed.

We need an inflation adjusted chart for sure.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2