BadAtGender

Thursday #s: Twinkies 9.4, THE FEELS 2.2, Featherless Beasts 1.9 (rth) (page 3)

Feelings are left unchanged, Dinos lose their appetite, bananas are beginning to rot, what a wonderful day!

Jest aside, I am more than jubilant at Inside Out's performance thus far considering the amount of competition, and immense competition at that, it has gone head to head with. Whatever Jurassic World is making is just more icing on the cake and as for Minions, seems to be a weekend and Tuesday film.

Edited by CelestialFairyIX
  • Like 1

You don't have to put all the others movies down constantly to prop IO up. I think its safe to say IO is my favorite of the year so far, but damn, that doesn't mean I don't want success for the other films currently on the market.

Pixar stanners are always complaining "why are yall hating on us for?" well this is why. Like damn son, calm down. Even Mad Max fanboys didn't get this bad.

• Like 11

This number would make today Minions first day tracking under Inside Out. I don't have any animosity towards Minions at all. My boy really wanted to go see it and even wore his minions jacket. However, I'm fascinated to see what happens. Will it bounce back,this weekend from its Thursday number, if not, it will be interesting to watch how far and fast it drops from here on out. If it doesn't top Inside Outs 2nd weekend number of 52 million after that incredible opening, I think it's going to have really poor legs for,the rest of its run. Can't wait to see.

• Like 1

You don't have to put all the others movies down constantly to prop IO up. I think its safe to say IO is my favorite of the year so far, but damn, that doesn't mean I don't want success for the other films currently on the market.

Pixar stanners are always complaining "why are yall hating on us for?" well this is why. Like damn son, calm down. Even Mad Max fanboys didn't get this bad.

Dont like mediore movies making this much money. This is not just about non pixar flicks. I was thrilled with Lego BO for example.

Dont like mediore movies making this much money. This is not just about non pixar flicks. I was thrilled with Lego BO for example.

But Lego was mediocre.

See how opinion works? Box office is box office. Just be happy we're in a healthy general climate again and the studios arent trying to make VOD and same-day release mainstream (yet).

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

But Lego was mediocre.

See how opinion works? Box office is box office. Just be healthy we're in a healthy general climate again and the studios arent trying to make VOD and same-day release mainstream (yet).

Your opinion is generally outlier there. Lego had awesome critical and audience reception. Minions are crowd pleasers appealing to Lowest Common Denominator.

• Like 1

I think you are the one overeacting.

I don't see any "get this bad" comment above your, just one "lol".

Edited by bladels

Your opinion is generally outlier there. Lego had awesome critical and audience reception. Minions are crowd pleasers appealing to Lowest Common Denominator.

You sound like the lowest common denominator when you say shit like this. My gf saw Minions tonight, but good to know even as a psych major with a 3.5 gpa, she's still an idiot thanks to Minions. Good to know my cousin that I'm seeing Minions with soon, who is a Stanford honors grad with a biochem degree who's had her research published in science journals at just 22 years old, is also in the LCD.

Also good to know me, who's been on the honors track since 1st grade, received multiple academic awards and scholarships, and took 12 hours of college class before even starting college, is inferior as well just because I like those little yellow pills and bee-do-bee-do.

I get really sick of BOF sometimes. Sick of the elitist attitude. People like what they like. I like Rae Shremmurd too, and? That has no bearing on my intelligence. Idiots can like "quality" movies too, you just proved that point.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

You sound like the lowest common denominator when you say shit like this. My gf saw Minions tonight, but good to know even as a psych major with a 3.5 gpa, she's still an idiot thanks to Minions. Good to know my cousin that I'm seeing Minions with soon, who is a Stanford honors grad with a biochem degree who's had her research published in science journals at just 22 years old, is also in the LCD.

Also good to know me, who's been on the honors track since 1st grade, received multiple academic awards and scholarships, and took 12 hours of college class before even starting college, is inferior as well just because I like those little yellow pills and bee-do-bee-do.

I get really sick of BOF sometimes. Sick of the elitist attitude. People like what they like. I like Rae Shremmurd too, and? That has no bearing on my intelligence. Idiots can like "quality" movies too, you just proved that point.

You're over reacting which is exactly what you're accusing other people of. This isn't life and death here, this is box office and movies. Fans get excited about the films they like and trash films they don't. Sometimes you're in the mainstream opinion on the board and others you go against the grain. This happens with every big movie, don't take it so personally that you think people are insulting your girlfriend and family members. It's just trash talk.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 8

dCNIkdA.gif

• Like 2

You're over reacting which is exactly what you're accusing other people of. This isn't life and death here, this is box office and movies. Fans get excited about the films they like and trash films they don't. Sometimes you're in the mainstream opinion on the board and others you go against the grain. This happens with every big movie, don't take it so personally that you think people are insulting your girlfriend and family members. It's just trash talk.

I don't give a shit. I'm tired of the elitist attitude and being called stupid because you want to sit and enjoy something thats not artsy fartsy and hand crafted. Plenty of idiots watch Pixar, plenty of intellectuals enjoy a marathon of Keeping up with the Kardashians. I take it personal and I'm allowed to when you have to make a random, idiotic generalizing statement. 

I don't like it when we insult the audience just because they don't conform to our "superior" tastes. Get excited about your shit without having to insult everyone else. Talk about respecting opinions but we can't even respect each other. Whatever.

But of course people will scroll by, read my wall of text, and think I'm the loon. But to each his own. That's BOF. 

• Like 1