grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

I have a question to those of you who say it...  I see you hate the movie, but did you feel ripped off?  I remember when I saw Scary Movie 5 I wanted my money back.  I felt robbed, but not everyone felt the same way.  It still had decent holds....  BUT, some horror movies do not have good holds.  And that is another example of feeling ripped off.  The Devil Inside anyone??  Does Emoji give that sense of I just got screwed out of my money?  Is there anything that had anyone feeling good the entire time or thinking 'so and so' would enjoy this?

Edited by Matrix4You

1 minute ago, MrGamer2558 said:

You know, shit like this is the reason why Valerian flopped. 

I mean the second time is gonna be more like Rifftrax style with my friend.

One time for the legitimacy of the film, another time for the "comedic" value of the film

1 minute ago, That Atomic Guy said:

I mean the second time is gonna be more like Rifftrax style with my friend.

One time for the legitimacy of the film, another time for the "comedic" value of the film

tenor.gif

(P.S. I sent that Wikipedia snippet to David and Alonso)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

I have a question to those of you who say it...  I see you hate the movie, but did you feel ripped off?  I remember when I saw Scary Movie 5 I wanted my money back.  I felt robbed, but not everyone felt the same way.  It still had decent holds....  BUT, some horror movies do not have good holds.  And that is another example of feeling ripped off.  The Devil Inside anyone??  Does Emoji give that sense of I just got screwed out of my money?  Is there anything that had anyone feeling good the entire time or thinking 'so and so' would enjoy this?

Norm of The North. I was paid $70 after the movie to take my little cousins to see that movies but it was completely trash. I took them to see a lot of bad movies: Planes 2, Minions, and Alvin 4. But this was god awful.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The Star might end up being SPA's best reviewed film this year and still be rotten.

I guess they made The Star right after Emoji as an attempt to repent.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Star might end up being SPA's best reviewed film this year and still be rotten.

I honestly think there might be a slight possibility that The Star could be worse. (However, considering that the emoji movie has a 0%, I could be definitely wrong)

Just now, Jonwo said:

The critics will have a field day if The Star is just as bad as Emoji or on par with Smurfs,

Thing is The Star had good talent behind it but then again so did Smurfs. Can't say the same about Emoji with talent. Guessing either WAG dodged a potential bullet if they bought it or Rothman meddling.

2 minutes ago, afalconer7 said:

I honestly think there might be a slight possibility that The Star could be worse. (However, considering that the emoji movie has a 0%, I could be definitely wrong)

I'm going to sound a bit optimistic but I think the reason why that The Star trailer was so cringe worthy was an attempt to attract the GA more since they have their main audience locked either way.

• Like 1