grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

Friend saw a Thursday screening last night. According to him, the other three people in the theater left in the middle of the film.

I've never heard of something like that happening. I wonder if it could really be that bad...

Just now, NoobSaibot said:

Friend saw a Thursday screening last night. According to him, the other three people in the theater left in the middle of the film.

I've never heard of something like that happening. I wonder if it could really be that bad...

You haven't seen many movies then. In fact, the guy next to me at Atomic Blonde walked out 40 minutes or so before it ended.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

You haven't seen many movies then. In fact, the guy next to me at Atomic Blonde walked out 40 minutes or so before it ended.

I go to the movies a lot and I can't remember a single instance of someone walking out early.

Just now, aabattery said:

I go to the movies a lot and I can't remember a single instance of someone walking out early.

Hell, people sometimes leave during the final scene to "avoid the rush." I saw it happen at POTC and Apes this year :lol: 

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I did, for Thor 2.

Well actually, it was the wife that walked out and I had to follow.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've seen many of them. Just not in movie theaters. Redbox is usually where I go to watch a film. This year and last are exceptions.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

most recent i can think of a couple in my row tapped out of the last knight like halfway through the final battle sequence. cowards.

They left because there wasn't enough Cogman. Duh.

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

I've seen many of them. Just not in movie theaters. Redbox is usually where I go to watch a film. This year and last are exceptions.

There you go then :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

I don't understand those people

I remember during Apes what the old people two seats down from me said:

"Is this the end of the movie?"

"Yes!"

They left after those remarks. The movie still had like 2 minutes left too :rofl: 

2014 - Amazing Spiderman 2

2015 - Pixel

2016 - Ghostbusters

2017 -  Emoji Movie

I gotta give to them. Sony has a knack for making movies that legit pisses people off.

I wonder if the Barbie movie will be next.

Edited by Boxx93

4 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

2015 - Pixel

2016 - Ghostbusters

2017 -  Emoji Movie

I gotta give to them. Sony has a knack for making movies that legit pisses people off.

I'm thinking it'll be either that or Venom.

56 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Hell, people sometimes leave during the final scene to "avoid the rush." I saw it happen at POTC and Apes this year :lol: 

I avoid the rush by sitting through some of the credits and letting people leave.

40 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

2015 - Pixel

2016 - Ghostbusters

2017 -  Emoji Movie

Yeah and the terrible thing is, not all of them are the right form of bad:

TASM2 is just fucking hilarious. A+ comedy material. I watch it every year. Its hysterically awful and a parody of an actual Spider-Man movie. Its true art.

Pixels is just boring and bland.

Ghostbusters is so forgettable and bland as well, though its laziness is remarkable. Its also the unfunniest comedy from 2016. The non-existence of a script is baffling.

Emoji is another level of satan. Its the last warning sign that cinema is on life support.

Barbie must be an abomination of historical proportions to "top" Emoji. Though i really hope its like TASM2.

• Like 2