grim22

The Emoji Movie | Sony Pictures Animation | July 28 2017 | Reviews coming in, more entertaining to read those than watch the movie. Current consensus: " 🎥 ➡️ 💩💩💩💩"

4 minutes ago, El Panda Machos said:

How many reviews before Armond White ruins the fun?

Mendelson could have done it but he was too timid, like he claims the film is.  He should have gone for the fresh with a 6/10 ....

It's not the worst thing ever made, but it is seemingly afraid to commit to being a coming-out parable.
Full Review | Original Score: 5.0/10

• Like 2

RT website writers are being unprofessional as fuck right now, they don't even have the decency to write up a one sentence consensus for this movie?

Even piece of shit movies with no redeeming qualities don't deserve that.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Cloudy can be attributed to Lord/Miller. SPA in general has never really aspired to greatness; though they should be ashamed for being a major animation studio and getting reviews like this.

Surf's Up was decent. HT was saved by Genndy and Adam Sandler, it could have turned out a lot worse! SPA was lucky the first Smurfs did so well but they haven't managed to capitalise on it. The Sony hacks suggested that it wasn't a great place to work at.

25 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

RT website writers are unprofessional as fuck right now, they don't even have the decency to write up a one sentence consensus for this movie?

Even piece of shit movies with no redeeming qualities don't deserve this.

Yeah, I'd like even an actual phrase for a critics consensus. Simply putting in one emoji is kinda vague for me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, That Atomic Guy said:

Read the reviews yourself if you want a consensus.

I do, but I always liked reading the consensus that Rotten Tomatoes usually puts up.

It's amusing seeing the percentage of people who "want to see" this movie drop by the minute on Rotten Tomatoes, though

Edited by PNF2187

I feel like Cloudy and HT worked well mostly thanks to the unique limited animation style - it gave SPA a real identity when everyone else was trying to imitate Pixar with their CGI.

Cloudy and HT worked because they were hemmed by visionary directors. SONY just needs to stick with what works and keep going after top animation directors.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

A 9 on MC. Jesus. What was the last movie to score that low? Has ANY movie scored that low?

Hillary's America has a 2 IIRC

Out of 10209 films on Metacritic, The Emoji Movie currently ranks at 10184...

Edited by PNF2187
  • Like 1