grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Hollywood is very forgiving. Jack and Jill wasn't his first underperformer / flop, Little Nicky was.

True, but he's had quite a few slops on a row now.

Problem is, he's controlled his budgets some so they're not total disasters.

The question is...how will the netflix movies do? I mean, how do you even judge that?

Jack and Jill still made money.

It probably didn't, actually. That film still cost way more than it should've. Granted, after that...budgets got under control. Blended had a more reasonable budget. And you can totally see the difference versus Jack and Jill...like, Jack and Jill totally looks like it should cost twice as much as Blended! Really, I mean it!

True, but he's had quite a few slops on a row now.

Problem is, he's controlled his budgets some so they're not total disasters.

The question is...how will the netflix movies do? I mean, how do you even judge that?

The Netflix movies should do okay, since they're basically free. Problem is, that Netflix may have made a mistake with that Adam Sandler movie deal. I read a part of the script for The Ridiculous 6 and it's the same juvenile, unfunny humor we've come to expect from Sandler. Not only is he lazy, but he real refuses to grow-up.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 2

The Netflix movies should do okay, since they're basically free. Problem is, that Netflix may have made a mistake with that Adam Sandler movie deal. I read a part of the script for The Ridiculous 6 and it's the same juvenile, unfunny humor we've come to expect from Sandler. Not only is he lazy, but he real refuses to grow-up.

What do you mean free?

They're expensive movies. The odd thing about them is...given how they're being released...it'll be hard to judge if they're successful...it's really just a totally unique distribution model. I mean, I don't even understand how you recoup a 60m+ investment that way. I don't think anyone but Netflix will really know. Well only know if....they keep making them.

The Ridiculous 6 was supposed to made for Paramount but they let it go to Netflix.

What do you mean free?

They're expensive movies. The odd thing about them is...given how they're being released...it'll be hard to judge if they're successful...it's really just a totally unique distribution model. I mean, I don't even understand how you recoup a 60m+ investment that way. I don't think anyone but Netflix will really know. Well only know if....they keep making them.

Obviously not free, but more like Netflix original shows, in that you can watch them instantly on your TV or computer.

The only question is, is Netflix capable of handling original movies? Especially when they're making deals with so many big stars. Just yesterday they agreed to Angelina Jolie directed film for example.

Will see. I guess.

Edited by Insidearcher

Obviously not free, but more like Netflix original shows, in that you can watch them instantly on your TV or computer.

The only question is, is Netflix capable of handling original movies? Especially when they're making deals with so many big stars. Just yesterday they agreed to Angelina Jolie directed film for example.

Will see. I guess.

It's a good question. The Sandler movies. Croching Tiger (think that's like a 70m movie). The PeeWee movie. The Pitt one. The Jolie one you mentioned. It's actually quite fascinating seeing pretty high budget movies testing the waters with this you of distribution. I guess we'll start to see if it's a meaningful way of distributing major motion pictures. It's quite fascinating to me actually.

• Like 1

The Ridiculous 6 was supposed to made for Paramount but they let it go to Netflix.

Yeah I'm aware, but Netflix signed a four movie deal with Sandler, and I wouldn't be surprised if they already regretted the deal.

Videogame adaptations is the one thing Hollywood can't make it work. Sony is sitting on a pile of videogames which could be big hits (Uncharted, The Last of Us, inFamous, The Order: 1886, Resistance, Horizon: Zero Dawn, between others...).

Bloodbourne the Movie

Pink will buy 123529065 tickets

• Like 2

It's a good question. The Sandler movies. Croching Tiger (think that's like a 70m movie). The PeeWee movie. The Pitt one. The Jolie one you mentioned. It's actually quite fascinating seeing pretty high budget movies testing the waters with this you of distribution. I guess we'll start to see if it's a meaningful way of distributing major motion pictures. It's quite fascinating to me actually.

Online / streaming movies seem to be the future of cinema outside of blockbusters and potential comedy hits, it seems.

Edited by Insidearcher