grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Some companies do only dvds for new releases, like I didnt initially buy The Wind Rises and Blue is The Warmest Color since the distributor decided not to put out a BD

There are no Bluray releases of those here either. The independent stuff (movies that get the rights bought and not arrive due to a contract with a distributor) doesn't have Bluray releases besides the big hits (for example this year only The Imitation Game got a Bluray release). 

Edited by CJohn

Isnt Toronto press/guests only like all big competitive festivals?

I don't think so! I have a student industry badge, though, so I don't really know.

IIRC correctly there are ticket packages you can get for most events. The galas are hella expensive, but then some packages are almost normal movie price.

Civil War won't flop. It won't miss 300m DOM and could go a lot higher than that and it's 99,9% locked to make over a billion WW.

You have Iron Man & Captain America in one movie, there is little likelihood it will do less than $300M domestic.

1B WW, however, is in question. Remember DC has another major superhero throwdown earlier in March. 

GA may have superhero fatigue by the time Civil War opens.

• Like 1

You have Iron Man & Captain America in one movie, there is little likelihood it will do less than $300M domestic.

1B WW, however, is in question. Remember DC has another major superhero throwdown earlier in March.

GA may have superhero fatigue by the time Civil War opens.

2 movies in 1 1/2months? Audiences will be able to handle it.
  • Like 2

I definitely understand that. It is my entire travel budget and I am staying in a hostel and got a great deal on a student badge. :)

Is it HI downtown? They're not too bad. You get free breakfast and you're within walking distance to pretty much everything.

Shitty friday? What are you guys talking about? a Adam Sandler film bombing, a Ethan's favorite bombing, Minions having another steep drop, a Marvel film getting the drop it deserves.

It's a great friday. :)

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1

Shitty friday? What are guys talking about? a Adam Sandler film bombing, a movie that deserves better is bombing, Minions having anothet steep drop, a Marvel film getting the drop it deserves.

Fixed. Sort of :)

Shitty friday? What are guys talking about? a Adam Sandler film bombing, a Ethan's favorite bombing, Minions having anothet steep drop, a Marvel film getting the drop it deserves.

Aren't you a condescending snob?