Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I hated Watchmen when I saw it in theaters, hated it a lot actually. A few years later, it was on HBO or something and I just decided to rewatch it, loved it so much I now own the steel book. Really no idea why my theatrical experience was so different from my later viewings.

I finished reading the book just a week or so before the movie released, so it was very fresh in mind. That defn helped my viewing.

I hated Watchmen when I saw it in theaters, hated it a lot actually. A few years later, it was on HBO or something and I just decided to rewatch it, loved it so much I now own the steel book. Really no idea why my theatrical experience was so different from my later viewings.

Snyder. His power.

Fantastic Four:an early What Went Wrong? The casting choices, and Kate Mara looking like Blake Lively. Also toxic WOM like it's being released in 1990.

Fail.

Depending on if opens between $25-30M, there is a good chance Fantastic Four will miss $60M in total given how pitiful legs will be. Way to go, Fox!

With how empty August is, it'll probably get to $65-70 million. Anything less than $100 million is awful, anything less than $75 million beyond atrocious  :lol:

Rooting for $25 million OW so MI5 can surpass it  :D With $55-60 million, I don't see how Compton or UNCLE don't end up as the highest grossing August releases, if they're halfway decent. 

Nobody (including critics) is saying they screwed up the casting. I think it's literally everything else about the movie.

I blame it on whatshisface who's playing the Thing. He is too short to play the Thing. This is the reason for all of the production's misfortune

• Like 2

<10m OD coming up. Seeing theaters where matinees are even with/behind MI5.

EDIT: Remember this is super duper early and things could change every hour, but I'm reeeeaaalllyyy not optimistic.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 7