Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Unless they hired Nolan they'd still get hate from some quarters. :ph34r:  

Outside of some quarters there's very little hate for the MCU and it certainly doesn't translate to The GA and the critics.

MCU is still the only one that hasn't produced a rotten movie yet. Can't say the same for anyone else at this point. 

• Like 1

Legendary Pictures is known for not interfering heavily in movies. Tbh I really doubt Godzilla had any studio interference. If FOX had that movie in hands they would delete everything between the first time we see Godzilla until the end and would put the final battle as a continuation of the first appearance. 

Days Of Future Past & DOTPOTA went smoothly as well.

There s no rule, if the suits believe in the project, the script & the director, they know there s no need to meddle.

The Apes movie impressed me last year, the movie was bold ( the beginning with no dialogs) bleak as hell and I swear there s not one joke or winking at the audience the entire movie.

It is straight serious 70's sci fi.

For a 170m tentpole, that is very rare.

Fantastic 4 is an extreme example of studio meddling.

• Like 2

I really feel Ant-Man could have done 250M if Edgar Wright directed the exact same movie. The fandom has wanted Wright to break out to the mainstream for quite a long time, and we could have seen a GOTG like groundswell of support for it. 

Maybe it wouldn't have been so mainstream with Wright.  Fandom has been waiting a long time for Wright to break out and all his films combined haven't done $250m domestic.   GOTG in the end is a movie Marvel wanted to produce and release.  Wrights Ant-Man wasn't.  Maybe there's a reason for that.

• Like 1

YOU DO REALIZE THERE IS AN AFTER CREDITS SCENE ON INCREDIBLE HULK WITH RDJ AS IRON MAN, RIGHT?!

At that time it was still mainly a pipe dream that was catering to comic book fans wishes. The majority of the GA did not understand IM1 and IH were supposed to be connected when IH came out, believe me. If they did, IH would have opened way bigger off of the goodwill of IM1.

Edgar Wright's films have never been huge hits. They're good enough given their relatively small budgets (except Scott Pilgrim), but I highly doubt he himself would've added any big numbers to Ant-Man other than if he simply made an extra super crowd pleasing movie, which isn't really his thing. 

• Like 1

The worst thing about Iron Man 2 is Don't Cheadle trying to take Terrence Howard's spotlight. Howard was a God in the first Iron Man

Terrence Howard can't carry Don Cheadle's jockstrap.

• Like 1

YOU DO REALIZE THERE IS AN AFTER CREDITS SCENE ON INCREDIBLE HULK WITH RDJ AS IRON MAN, RIGHT?!

Everyone gets stupid for Marvel. Serious. I can't wait to see them fail. It is gonna be a glorious day just because of dumb stupid stuff like this.

Marvel is like Hydra.

Cut off one franchise, two takes it place.

Hail, Marvel.

• Like 1

Everyone gets stupid for Marvel. Serious. I can't wait to see them fail. It is gonna be a glorious day just because of dumb stupid stuff like this.

Not a stupid as some people get about FOX and the belief they can still make a tolerable F4 movie or any comic movie that doesn't involve their overrated and often dull version of the X-Men (and even then they have two rancid stinkers with that series).

And no one really knew or cared except comic geeks at the time. Disney is the one that made MCU a franchise. Before that it was just the Iron Man franchise with the hopes that the plans would pan out.

At that time it was still mainly a pipe dream that was catering to comic book fans wishes. The majority of the GA did not understand IM1 and IH were supposed to be connected when IH came out, believe me. If they did, IH would have opened way bigger off of the goodwill of IM1.

You are going too low and too dumb for me here and I can't continue. You are super wrong. All of that was already controlled by Feige and Avengers was on the schedule before Disney bought Marvel. But sure, keep going with that theory.

Days Of Future Past & DOTPOTA went smoothly as well.

There s no rule, if the suits believe in the project, the script & the director, they know there s no need to meddle.

The Apes movie impressed me last year, the movie was bold ( the beginning with no dialogs) bleak as hell and I swear there s not one joke or winking at the audience the entire movie.

It is straight serious 70's sci fi.

For a 170m tentpole, that is very rare.

Fantastic 4 is an extreme example of studio meddling.

DOFP was done by Singer. They trusted him, he had made X-Men movies before. Apes followed exactly the same type of movie as the first. 0 risks. The director's job was not to fuck up (just like Francis Lawrence when he was hired for Catching Fire). I really don't see what you are trying to do here. You failed spectacularly.