grey ghost

3-Way Filmography Battle: Burton VS Carpenter VS Cronenberg

Burton's run from his first movie to sleepy hollow is probably my favourite but he's made a fair few dog turds since then, but so have all of them really. I mean he's never made a movie as bad as ghosts of mars.

I'd say currently in the present Cronenberg is making the best movies, but overall I'd rank him third just because I have so much love for the other two's earlier work.

• Like 1

Cronenberg has easily been the most consistent over the longest period of time. Some missteps along the way, but nothing terrible, and a lot of greatness.

Agreed, Carpenter's period of great was very short and though Burton has more movies I enjoy he also has more I dislike or just loathe - most of them from the last 15 years. 

Correction: I have seen eXistenZ. Forgot about that one. Great movie.

The Fly and Videodrome have been sitting on my "to watch" for ever, but­­— well, they've just been sitting there.

The Fly has Jeff Goldblum slowly turning into a giant fly.

What's stopping you from watching this? :P

• Like 1