Neo

Fear the Walking Dead | AMC

This is turning into The Walking Dead pretty fast. The outbreak is happening too fast.

Yeah they're really rushing into The Desolation of LA

Plus going for typical Evil Military Wants To Kill The Weak And Useless is kinda low-hanging fruit

• Like 1

Plus going for typical Evil Military Wants To Kill The Weak And Useless is kinda low-hanging fruit

So the military likely knows the dying will automtically turn into walkers.

You think they would just let them die inside suvivor camps knowing what could happen?

It could be argued that the military isn't outright evil but making the hard decisions to ensure humanity's survival.

It just happens that this conflicts with the protagonists' family bond.

So the military likely knows the dying will automtically turn into walkers.

You think they would just let them die inside suvivor camps knowing what could happen?

It could be argued that the military isn't outright evil but making the hard decisions to ensure humanity's survival.

When a show goes out of its way to present essentially every military character so far as shady at best and outright dickish at worst, then yeah, it is not a well-handled plot point that has about as much subtlety or nuance as a barreling freight train.

You are way over in left field talking about root motivations and implications for the plot arc as a general theory, as opposed to how the show is actually presenting things at the moment.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

The military being evil as fuck as always is a poor way to deal with this storyline. And by the end of the season this will basically be The Walking Dead. The outbreak should last a little longer, IMO. It is all happening too fast.

Edited by CJohn

When a show goes out of its way to present essentially every military character so far as shady at best and outright dickish at worst, then yeah, it is not a well-handled plot point that has about as much subtlety or nuance as a barreling freight train.

You are way over in left field talking about root motivations and implications for the plot arc as a general theory, as opposed to how the show is actually presenting things at the moment.

There's not much subtle about martial law during a zombie apocalypse.

The military would most likely be considered dicks in such a scenario with them tightly controlling things while systematically eradicating every threat to stability/survival. 

People are upset that the military is being shown in a negative light but I think these zombie shows are being more realistic about the nature of the military and martial law under grave, apocalyptic circumstances.

Seems pretty obvious this is gonna end with a zombie invasion. The lead woman even cut a bit of the fence to make it easier for that to happen. Made me remember the priest in a super dumb way letting the door to Alexandria opened.

There's not much subtle about martial law during a zombie apocalypse.

The military would most likely be considered dicks in such a scenario with them tightly controlling things while systematically eradicating every threat to stability/survival.

People are upset that the military is being shown in a negative light but I think these zombie shows are being more realistic about the nature of the military and martial law under grave, apocalyptic circumstances.

You're still talking past me. I am specifically talking about how the show is executing the plot. Rewatch the scene with the Commander hitting golf balls. The show isn't even trying hard.

You're still talking past me. I am specifically talking about how the show is executing the plot. Rewatch the scene with the Commander hitting golf balls. The show isn't even trying hard.

Reminds me of the governer scene, where he is doing basically the same thing, in the original show. Edited by zerbs

i will wait the end of the first season to watch this show because The Walking Dead is definitely too slow to my taste and this one doesn't seem better in that regard!

Season 5 was action packed and it will probably be that way for a couple of seasons if they follow the comic.