CoolioD1

Best Original Score 2011

I honestly couldn't find anything memorable about TGWTDT's score, it didn't stick with me at all. In the end a lesser outing than the composers' work with TSN (which I found overrated).Anyways, congratulations to Alberto Iglesias for crafting the best "atmospheric" score of the year (TTSS) and getting a nomination for it.

Edited by 4815162342

I'm glad Dragon Tattoo got snubbed here. This film score was not memorable at all.The Social Network's score was also fucking garbage. I can't stand to listen to that techno garbage. Ughh...

TSN score wasn't techno. Electronic music is much more than techno.

I'm not quite sure I understand the Academy giving Reznor's TSN score the award, and then snubbing his next score of a nomination when it makes the former sound like crap, but it doesn't bother me too much. Overall, this category is solid this year. I get new How to Destroy Your Angels and Nine Inch Nails this year, so as long as Reznor is giving me incredible music (with vocals!) I'm not complaining.

Edited by Kevin Bacon

The International Film Music Critics will announce the winners of its Eighth Annual Awards on February 23, 2012.2011 Film CategoriesFILM SCORE OF THE YEAR• THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN, music by John Williams• THE ARTIST, music by Ludovic Bource• THE GREATEST MIRACLE, music by Mark McKenzie• HUGO, music by Howard Shore• WAR HORSE, music by John WilliamsFILM COMPOSER OF THE YEAR• LUDOVIC BOURCE• ALEXANDRE DESPLAT• MICHAEL GIACCHINO• ALBERTO IGLESIAS• JOHN WILLIAMSBREAKOUT COMPOSER OF THE YEAR• LUDOVIC BOURCE• BRIAN BYRNE• THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS• MICHAEL RICHARD PLOWMAN• LUCAS VIDALBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A DRAMA FILM• THE ARTIST, music by Ludovic Bource• JANE EYRE, music by Dario Marianelli• SOUL SURFER, music by Marco Beltrami• W.E., music by Abel Korzeniowski• WAR HORSE, music by John WilliamsBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A COMEDY FILM• PAUL, music by David Arnold• THE RUM DIARY, music by Christopher Young• TORRENTE 4: LETHAL CRISIS, music by Roque Baños• A VERY HAROLD AND KUMAR 3D CHRISTMAS, music by William Ross• YOUR HIGHNESS, music by Steve JablonskyBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ACTION/ADVENTURE/THRILLER FILM• CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, music by Alan Silvestri• DRIVE, music by Cliff Martinez• MISSION IMPOSSIBLE – GHOST PROTOCOL, music by Michael Giacchino• REAL STEEL, music by Danny Elfman• RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, music by Patrick DoyleBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A FANTASY/SCIENCE FICTION/HORROR FILM• DON’T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK, music by Marco Beltrami and Buck Sanders• HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 2, music by Alexandre Desplat• HUGO, music by Howard Shore• PRIEST, music by Christopher Young• SUPER 8, music by Michael GiacchinoBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ANIMATED FEATURE• THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN, music by John Williams• THE GREATEST MIRACLE, music by Mark McKenzie• KUNG FU PANDA 2, music by John Powell and Hans Zimmer• PUSS IN BOOTS, music by Henry Jackman• RANGO, music by Hans ZimmerBEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A DOCUMENTARY FEATURE• FROZEN PLANET, music by George Fenton• HOLD AT ALL COSTS: THE STORY OF THE BATTLE OF OUTPOST HARRY, music by Larry Groupé• JIG, music by Patrick Doyle• RUSSLAND – IM REICH DER TIGER, BÄREN UND VULKANE, music by Kolja Erdmann• THE WIND GODS, music by Pinar ToprakFILM MUSIC COMPOSITION OF THE YEAR• “The Adventure Continues” from THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN: THE SECRET OF THE UNICORN, music by John Williams• “George Valentin” from THE ARTIST, music by Ludovic Bource• “Captain America March” from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER, music by Alan Silvestri• “Final Round” from REAL STEEL, music by Danny Elfman• “The Homecoming” from WAR HORSE, music by John WilliamsGreat set of nominees. Loving the Real Steel and Williams love. Though they normally go nuts for Desplat and not nominating Doyle for composer of the year is laughable.

Grammy eligibility rules differ from Oscar rules Noctis.For the 2012 Oscars (aside from Foreign Language film which needs only to be released in its country of origin during the eligibility period), the film must have had a U.S. release between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011.For the 2012 Grammys, the music must have been released between September 1, 2010 and September 30, 2011.

Edited by 4815162342