kayumanggi

WEEKEND ACTUALS [4-day] | 10.91 M AWITW | 10.85 M SOC | summer 2015 with 2nd fewest tickets sold in over 20 years

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 6 mins6 minutes ago

Summer's best bang for the buck: PITCH PERFECT 2--$29M budget, $285M worldwide.

Exhibitor Relations @ERCboxoffice 9 mins9 minutes ago

Dark horse of the summer: STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON--$28M budget, $168M and counting worldwide.

Variety @Variety 6 mins6 minutes ago

CORRECTION: Variety incorrectly published an article stating that director Terry Gilliam passed away. We're deeply sorry for the mistake.

Kumail Nanjiani @kumailn 11 mins11 minutes ago

R.I.P. Terry Gilliam. One of the best. Brazil. Time Bandits. 12 Monkeys. Fisher King. What a run. Oh man. Was hoping for another great one.

Kumail Nanjiani @kumailn 8 mins8 minutes ago

Hoping that Variety Terry Gilliam thing is a mistake.

Russ Fischer @russfischer 3 mins3 minutes ago

Having accidentally hit “publish” more than once in my time, I feel bad for whoever is getting fired from @Variety this afternoon.

WTF

Someone pushed the wrong buttom seemingly and released a prepared 'just in case' thingy, see age XXX

Only posted it, as some only read the ... died tweets = first tweet with the corrections, then the OMG... wtf tweets for = strange thing happened...

Someone pushed the wrong buttom seemingly and released a prepared 'just in case' thingy, see age XXX

Only posted it, as some only read the ... died tweets = first tweet with the corrections, then the OMG... wtf tweets for = strange thing happened...

Seriously? Just for them to be the first to tweet it? Argh.

Seriously? Just for them to be the first to tweet it? Argh.

No, they posted a prepared ARTICEL at their site. A lot of the news stations ans newspapers... have prepaered articles for a lot of prominent people. E.g. if someone dies and the knowledable people for that are at home, vacation.. whatever, they do prepare, standard procedure. Not the first time someone got declared dead.

Someone at conversation told the same happened ~ recently with Michael Douglas, who was seemingly more interested into what they wrote about him

They do that (having articles ready) to be the first to release the news, right?

Mainly they do that as it can happen the - as mentioned - 'promi-journalist' can be out of house and it might be a tad little be embarrasing if all other stations... are ready beside them.

It's not a fast thing to write such kind of articles, they prepare, get over all of those frome time to time to update ... even a seasoned journalist might forget some details if he/she has to start from scratch ... = better quality too is a reason

And to maybe be one of the firsts...

I honestly can't see next summer's top 10 out-grossing this year's top 10 doing some optimistic projections. That would basically require Dory to do 500+, Civil War 400+, Pets and/or Suicide Squad 300+, and most everything else in the top ten 200+. So the movies below the top ten are going to really have to pick up the slack or next summer will probably be worse.

I honestly can't see next summer's top 10 out-grossing this year's top 10 doing some optimistic projections. That would basically require Dory to do 500+, Civil War 400+, Pets and/or Suicide Squad 300+, and most everything else in the top ten 200+. So the movies below the top ten are going to really have to pick up the slack or next summer will probably be worse.

Next summer looks to be more of a "spread the wealth" summer as opposed to Universal running away with it and Disney in second both taking 60% of the summer. I think the major studios would prefer a summer like 2014 where they didn't have any bombs (but no outright huge breakouts) as opposed to the feast or famine of this summer.

• Like 3

Next summer looks to be more of a "spread the wealth" summer as opposed to Universal running away with it and Disney in second both taking 60% of the summer. I think the major studios would prefer a summer like 2014 where they didn't have any bombs (but no outright huge breakouts) as opposed to the feast or famine of this summer.

There are a few more movies with 100m potential than this summer ever had. Around 17 I'd say. Though most of us expected around 15 100m grossers this year and that didn't happen. Way too soon to say how it will compare to this year for sub 100m ones.

I prefer this.

I'm surprised Pitch Perfect only cost $29m, the original IIRC only cost $15-16m but given the pay bumps for Kendrick, Elizabeth Banks and the rest of the cast, I thought it would be nearer $50-60m.

Compton is profitable just from domestic, the OS gross is just gravy and it's done very well in the UK and Australia, even if it gets to $50-60m OS which is paltry compared to domestic, it's doesn't really matter to Universal.

Top engagements
4-10/9
We're not in Kanas anymore 

BHM Bhale Bhale Magadivo
GcMH Gallo con Muchos Hue

1-Regal Macarther Marketplace, Irvine TX       (BBM)
2-Regal South Gamte 20, south Gate CA          (GCMH)
3-CGV cinemas LA, Los Angeles CA               (Assas)
4-AMC Showplace, Cicero IL                     (GCMH)
5-Son Cinema Latino, Pasadena TX               (GCMH)
6-CM Cinemark17, Dallas TX                   (GCMH)
7-AMC Orange 30, Orange CA                     (GCMH)
8-AMC Studio 30, Houston TX                   (GCMH)
9-Son Cinema Latino, Aurora CO                (GCMH)
10-AMC East Ridge, San Jose CA                (GCMH)
11-AMC 84th St 6, New York City NY            (SOC)
12-AMC Gulf Point, Houston TX                 (GCMH)

--
13-AMC Regency 20, Brandon FL                 (WR)
14-CS Warren 14, Moore OK                     (WR)
15-Regal Laufman Astoria , Astoria NY          (GCMH)
16-Son cinema Latino, Phoenix AZ              (GCMH)
17-Pac Arclight Hollywood, Los Angeles CA     (SOC)
18-CPLX Silvercity 16, Brampton ON            (WBack)
19-Pac Grove stadium, Los Angeles CA          (SOC)
20-AMc Empire 25, New York City NY            (TR)

Top Canada
1-CPLX Silvercity 16, Brampton ON (WBack), 2-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook 16, Calgary AB (SOC)
3-CPLX Grande Strawberry Hills,Surry BC (Wback), 4-CPLX Scotiabank Vancouver BC (SOC), 5-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook 16, Calgary AB (MI5)
  • Like 1