WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Maze Runner - 30.3M | Black Mass - 23.4M | Everest - 7.5M | The Visit - 11.4M | Perfect Guy - 9.7M

Lmao, and Everest OS run has just started. Steve Jobs and Crimson Peak are still coming as well.

It is a shame Universal doesn't have much from November until the end of the year. Sisters won't make much more than Trainwreck OS.

Edited by CJohn

Acceptable MR2 numbers.

Hoped for 5-10m more, but far from a flop considering the film's budget.

Quoting myself from the MR thread:

Well, look on the bright side, by the end of the third film, the franchise will have grossed nearly $1 billion WW for the price of a single Hunger Games film. Not a bad investment if you ask me.

The movie will make money. It won't have the same merchandise and home video sales as Divergent, but its WW BO is healthy given its budget.

I personally think it's nice and refreshing to see a YA franchise, with very modest and respectable budgets find moderate success.  I think because of THG, HP, and Twilight we often forget just how many of these series have crashed and burned with one film.

Maze Runner has carved a niche for itself and in the end will be a profitable little franchise for Fox, while making enjoyable films.  I can respect that.

Thanks to this weekend this september is now (to date) the second biggest september with 399m (2011 had reached 401 by this point). If next weekend brings us 150m (not very likely, but still) and the weekdays brings us (8*7) 56m this september will be the biggest of them all.