kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 47.5 M HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA II | 18.2 M THE INTERN | 14.0 M TMR: THE SCORCH TRIALS | 13.1 M EVEREST

LOL at CJohn trying it again saying that Gyllenhaal is on the same househould name level as Jason Clarke, who was pretty much a nobody just three years ago. Stay away from the pipe, man.

Gyllenhaal has been recognizable to the public for a decade now (the trifecta of The Day After Tomorrow, Jarhead, and Brokeback Mountain, for which he got an Oscar nomination, in less than two years solidified that), even if his attempts to become a bonafide star haven't paid off.

I never said people don't recognize his name. Have you seen the post where I say he is the biggest name in the cast and Knightley is 2nd. No? Oh ok. But he is just not a draw. It is as simple as that. Just like Jason Clarke isn't a draw either.

Even though Jake Gyllenhaal isn't necessarily a draw, perse......his highest grossing film was "The Day After Tomorrow" with $544M WW.

What is your point? Worthington, Knightley, Clarke all were in bigger movies :lol:

What is your point? Worthington, Knightley, Clarke all were in bigger movies :lol:

Yes, true. Knightley was in the POTC 1-3. ^_^  Sam Worthington had Avatar. Jason Clarke had T:G & DOTPOTA.

But my point is that these celebrities needs more recognition and love in order for them to be draws on their own.

The POTC franchise, made money thanks to Johnny Depp. Avatar had director James Cameron....and "Terminator" & "Apes" were well known brand names, already on their own. It's wasn't primarly due to these celebs.

Yes, true. Knightley was in the POTC 1-3. ^_^  Sam Worthington had Avatar. Jason Clarke had T:G & DOTPOTA.

But my point is that these celebrities needs more recognition and love in order for them to be draws on their own.

The POTC franchise, made money thanks to Johnny Depp. Avatar had director James Cameron....and "Terminator" & "Apes" were well known brand names, already on their own. It's wasn't primarly due to these celebs.

Day After Tomorrow didn't make money because of Gyllenhaal either :lol: 

I never said people don't recognize his name. Have you seen the post where I say he is the biggest name in the cast and Knightley is 2nd. No? Oh ok. But he is just not a draw. It is as simple as that. Just like Jason Clarke isn't a draw either.

I completely agree, there is a difference between fame and draw power. Gyllenhaal is a very widely known actor and we'll respected by the GA, but he isn't a box office draw.

• Like 1

Btw if there is a showing of 99 HOMES near anyone on this board... you should absolutely go and see it. I know it's only in a couple of cinemas in the whole country (same situation over here) but if you get the chance, you should see it, as it's fantastic. I really liked the trailer. Glad to hear its good
It was only released in like 5 cinemas in the country, but fortunately one of those was the cinema I work at. It's really brilliant. Not sure how big its expansion will be or when.