kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

I really don't know where the high tracking for Jobs came from. (apparently it does not get as controversial about his life as it could have)

But yeah-I figured it be around 12M-15M but people on here were saying 30M on the weekend predicts thread.

Well these were predictions I made from October 10th:

For the heck of it-OW's for upcoming films:

Our Brand is Crisis: 10.5

Scouts vs. Zombies: 6.5

Spectre: 100.5

Peanuts: 45.5

The Outskirts: 2.5

The 33: 15.0

By the Sea: 14.5

Love the Coopers: 10.1

My All American: 10.0

Mockingjay 2: 189.0

The Night Before: 7.5

Secret is in Their Eyes: 6.8

Good Dinosaur: 65.5/94.5

Creed: 15.0/22.5

Victor Frankenstein: 7.5/11.0

Krampus: 7.0

In the Heart of the Sea: 36.0

Legend: 10.0

Star Wars: 165.5 (Tough one to guess to be honest-it is December where OW's are not that big-but it is Star Wars!)

Sisters: 28.0

I now have a MUCH higher number for E7 ;)

I really don't know where the high tracking for Jobs came from. (apparently it does not get as controversial about his life as it could have)

But yeah-I figured it be around 12M-15M but people on here were saying 30M on the weekend predicts thread.

I definitely failed on the Steve Jobs prediction.  However, that Jem prediction I had of $2.2 million might end up being on the high end of the box office estimates.

Variety has a $1.6 to $2.2 million range for Jem now.  If the Jem opening weekend falls below $1.6 million, then it will be below "Back to the Future Day."  The irony is that the Jem animated series debuted in October 1985.  That would fit the description of "truly outrageous" if it happened, wouldn't it?

Wow didn't think it be that much of a surprise for it to open at this number. Even if I did have it at 23M a week ago-only because of other people on the forum.

I'd been thinking since the first trailer released that it would open to 30M or close to it.

Very true Baumer, also I've read people are saying how it does not seem to go as controversial as it could and not wanting to see it for that.

You think they would of learned from the last Jobs film.

Edit: Its not quite like Walk the Line or Ray either-where yes they just died but there was more of a interest.

Edited by Impact

Damn... Jobs is in free fall, Variety says with friday afternoon numbers, 7.4-8.3 million. That's terrible. Called it, sort of, but not this bad.

"Despite strong reviews, “Steve Jobs” is falling short of expectations, which had gone as high as $19 million in recent days. The biopic is expanding from 60 to 2,493 North American theaters, and is expected to take in $7.4 million to $8.3 million after grossing a solid $2.6 million in its first 13 days of release."

Yeah, this just tells you how little the initial platform release means in the long run. This probably would've benefited from a later release date so it could use its awards nominations to advertise it to the general audience, but then Dec/Jan will be insane this year with SW. It also didn't get the kind of once in a blue moon raves that The Social Network got. 

• Like 1