Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

I like how people are already writing fan fiction about the extended cut no one has seen yet!

Not exactly anything new. People were writing fan fiction about this movie long before it even came out. I can't remember the number of times people told me, in reference to the destruction/Supes killing Zod, that this movie would address and explore the implications of those. And god knows it did a fantastic job with that. By not even referencing the Zod killing and starting the movie with apparently the entire world (minus Batman and that wheelchair guy) having instantly and inexplicably forgiven and absolved Supes for any damage caused in Metropolis. 

As for Chipmunky's claims that the Bucky scene and Martha scene are 'literally the same'...

Spoiler

They're not. For two prime reasons. a) set-up and b ) outcome. The latter in particular. Crossbones invoking Bucky's name causes Cap to hesitate and become distracted just long enough for CB to suicide bomb himself. Supes invoking Martha's name causes Bats to completely drop his grudge and become best buddies. One is realistic. The other is not. Of course, the main reason the latter is unrealistic is because of the first point. In previous films it's already been set up that Crossbones knows about Cap and Bucky and their relationship and thus understands how to push Cap's buttons. In addition, it's been set up why Cap might hesitate when hearing Bucky's name. Supes barely knows Bats, stumbles into 'Martha' largely by coincidence (and no, a scene that may or may not exist on the extended cut does not count) and no matter what explanation you have for why hearing the name Martha would change Bats so, the movie poorly sets it up, making the change really difficult to understand (to the point where even the supporters don't seem to agree on what it meant).

• Like 10

Just now, ChipMunky said:

There isn't a point to argue. But feel free to keep doing so! You're making my point for me!

I thought there wasn't a point! lol

You're better off using your energy praying Snyder doesn't fuck up Justice League even worse.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

There isn't a point to argue. But feel free to keep doing so! You're making my point for me!

So essentially, you make an observation about something and won't listen to anyone else's opinion because it's not true and that's that?

Are you literally sticking your fingers in your ears and screaming, "LALALALALALALALALALALALAL" or what?

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

I assume spoilers aren't allowed yet so... SPOILER TAG!

Hide contents

Batman clearly has lingering effects from his parents death, specifically his mother. Captain America clearly has lingering effects from his friends death/evil turn. Crossbones mentions Bucky and Captain America immediately freezes up. Superman mentions Martha, in an attempt to make sure Batman knows who to save, and Batman immediately freezes up. You could argue "why would Superman say Martha instead of Mother" well, he's telling Batman, not screaming for her.

That sounds like "some vague similarities" instead of "literally the same scene".

If it were "literally the same scene":

Spoiler

• Crossbones would have accidentally mentioned Bucky
  • Crossbones would have mentioned Bucky so Cap could save him
  • They would have become friends afterward
  • Bucky would be Cap's parent

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Only one of those makes sense.

That's enough to discredit "literally" right there.

But they all look valid to me.   The characters didn't have the same motivations nor did the scene occur at a similar point of the movie (i.e. not as much of the plot was based upon it)

I really don't see how people can't understand why Clark said Martha like he clearly knows batman isn't an evil man at his core and by saying Martha he is telling batman who to save and giving him something to go off of, at that moment all Clark cares about is the safety of his mother he knows that the only other person who is capable of possibly saving her besides himself is the man about to end his life. If he said save my mom what good does that do batman if he does decide to do something. And try to save an innocent woman. "Hey are you superman's mom? Or maybe you?  You look alien you must be his mom? " 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

That's enough to discredit "literally" right there.

But they all look valid to me.   The characters didn't have the same motivations nor did the scene occur at a similar point of the movie (i.e. not as much of the plot was based upon it)

You literally take everything on the internet seriously.

4 hours ago, moviesRus said:

Are there a dozen middle aged ladies being held hostage by Lex or something? I thought they made it pretty clear that after 5pm, the city is abandoned!

they should've went to an abandoned airport for some reason

• Like 3

4 hours ago, theStun said:

I really don't see how people can't understand why Clark said Martha like he clearly knows batman isn't an evil man at his core and by saying Martha he is telling batman who to save and giving him something to go off of, at that moment all Clark cares about is the safety of his mother he knows that the only other person who is capable of possibly saving her besides himself is the man about to end his life. If he said save my mom what good does that do batman if he does decide to do something. And try to save an innocent woman. "Hey are you superman's mom? Or maybe you?  You look alien you must be his mom? " 

But just knowing the name "Martha" didn't give Batman anything much to go on. Martha who? He didn't know her last name or where she was being held. And why was she important enough for the psychotic vigilante to forego killing Superman, whom he thought to be an imminent danger to humanity? Lois had to make her very convenient appearance and explain that Martha was Superman's mother to give that scene even a semblance of coherence. 

The scene just doesn't make emotional or logical sense. After watching it again, I wondered why Superman didn't just use his powers to find and rescue his own mother. The guy can hear Lois fart in Africa, so why couldn't he hear his own mother's screams in Kansas? He could have flown through both cities scanning for her in just a few minutes and taken out those goons without breaking a sweat. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

You literally take everything on the internet seriously.

Well I'll have to apologize for not knowing you didn't intend for that post to be taken seriously.   ;) 

It is probably a bad idea to use words you don't mean though.

26 minutes ago, Talkie said:

But just knowing the name "Martha" didn't give Batman anything much to go on. Martha who? He didn't know her last name or where she was being held. And why was she important enough for the psychotic vigilante to forego killing Superman, whom he thought to be an imminent danger to humanity? Lois had to make her very convenient appearance and explain that Martha was Superman's mother to give that scene even a semblance of coherence. 

The scene just doesn't make emotional or logical sense. After watching it again, I wondered why Superman didn't just use his powers to find and rescue his own mother. The guy can hear Lois fart in Africa, so why couldn't he hear his own mother's screams in Kansas? He could have flown through both cities scanning for her in just a few minutes and taken out those goons without breaking a sweat. 

Actually there is a deleted scene where he does try to find his mother but all he can hear are other crimes being committed and cant focus enough to find his mother. And a name is a lot better then my mother. because my mother doesnt give him anything to go off of.

• Like 1

The idiocy of this debate is all encompassing.  Don't sit here now and try to rationalize it. It was the epitome of poor writing.

zMUZwiO.jpg

Don't sacrifice your intelligence defending Snyder's buffoonery.

The Martha scene was just poorly set up. They may or may not explain it better in the infamous extended cut but it doesn't change the fact that it was poorly set up in the version of the movie most people will remember.

With that said, I understood the double impact that scene is supposed to have (superman giving the only man who can save his mom something to work with plus batman's guilt over his own mother) and I did feel it. I guess I am just more forgiving of this movie's flaws than many others are.

I feel this scene was taken as the scapegoat though and people are way too harsh on it. Snyder didn't tell the story most people were hoping for so they just decided to vent their frustration at it through the ridiculing of this particular scene. I suppose that's fair enough for them, just a shame so many people couldn't enjoy it as much as they wanted to. I know I did.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

Also, how utterly pathetic was the titular fight of Batman v Superman.

The one part of the movie that could have saved everything that went before it.........got reduced to .....Murderman hitting Struggle-man , a choking victim, with a kitchen sink after being pushed through a few walls.

FUa30.gif    I wanted my money back right then and there. 

Two years of hype (one year of extra hype).

Hundreds of millions of dollars..

4 mins of fail ending in 'Martha'

Pathetic.