Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 hours ago, angeldelmito said:

they're both about the white man tryna colonize somethin that ain't theirs

tumblr_mm466j09ya1r9pt1so4_r1_250.gif

I must have missed the colonize part in Avatar, could you point me to it? 

No idea why the 'white man' would want to live on a moon where they can't even breathe. 

On 1/25/2017 at 6:35 PM, IronJimbo said:

pretty sure I saw some black marines

12 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I must have missed the colonize part in Avatar, could you point me to it? 

No idea why the 'white man' would want to live on a moon where they can't even breathe. 

issa joke, sis

tumblr_inline_o5p0pvUkf71qf89pq_500.gif

This is bad for the DCEU, bad for Warner, bad for DC fans, bad for Marvel Studios and bad for the genre as a whole. WB needs to get their shit together. And they just seem to not be able to. 

I was willing to resist the urge to ask for a reboot only if Justice League end up crumbling but, isn't it obvious at this point? They painted themselves into a dead end. An old Batman, a balding Superman, a very green actress for Wonder Woman. Directors come and go. Scripts come and go. They don't know what to do with this material. At this point, just reboot the whole thing. Don't announce anything unless Wonder Woman and Justice League go bonkers. And if it doesn't, well, these characters are way bigger than whatever the mess Snyder envisioned for them. Step back and go for the next decade with A FUCKING ACTUAL PLAN, WB. Fucking noobs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

George Miller, please, save us.

George Miller can't save the DCEU. It's obvious at this point. The Snyderverse needs to die. It can die in story in order to salvage the actors already attached with a bang - DCEU Rebirth the whole thing, save Crisis for later - or go the TASM2 way with a wimp. 

George Miller, just like James Cameron, doesn't need this. He doesn't need to play in other people's sandboxes. When he was willing and younger, maybe. But it's obvious to me right now, the Snyderverse is beyond salvation. And no, it isn't funny. It's not good for Marvel fans. It's not good for cinema. It's just sad. These characters and the audiences deserve one hell of lot better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

George Miller or Phil Lord and Chris Miller would seem like good fits shepherding the DCEU.

Lord and Miller will be kings after Han Solo. The DCEU doesn't need just a new director. It needs a complete and hard reboot. It's over. 

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Lord and Miller will be kings after Han Solo. The DCEU doesn't need just a new director. It needs a complete and hard reboot. It's over. 

Although I don't think the DCEU will be rebooted unless JL and WW are complete flops on RT and perform badly at the box office, I feel Lord and Miller would be very good fits, they already a huge part of Warner Animation Group brain trust and done wonders before, I'm surprise WB didn't think of using them for the DCEU.

21 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Although I don't think the DCEU will be rebooted unless JL and WW are complete flops on RT and perform badly at the box office, I feel Lord and Miller would be very good fits, they already a huge part of Warner Animation Group brain trust and done wonders before, I'm surprise WB didn't think of using them for the DCEU.

I think it's obvious and inevitable at this point. The DCEU under Snyder tenure has been one gigantic TASM2 catastrophe. Bigger, since it's the whole universe. I honestly think they should halt ANY production other than maybe Aquaman if that's still happening and wait for Justice League. It's time for us to stop pretending that everything it's fine. It's not. And it's obvious. If people could just stop the whole fandom wars for a minute maybe they could realize that. WB doesn't know what they are doing. They need a plan. AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE ONE. 

Unlike Marvel, there is a clever solution in story - I mean, Marvel NOW has that solution after the latest Secret Wars, but DC is the one famous for - which is a soft reboot integrated to its universe. Instead of using Crisis, call it Rebirth. DC Rebirth. But I wonder, is it worth it? Do we really need to keep these actors? I honestly think that right now I'd only be sad for seeing Jason, Ezra and Ray go. The others I couldn't give a flying fuck. Ben Affleck should never come back to superhero movies. Snyder shouldn't have directed the Man of Steel sequel. Then MAYBE. MAYBE, things would have went differently. It's a way too rocky foundation to create a cinematic universe. While Transformers is a mess, at least that franchise knows what it is. The Snyderverse doesn't. We should just start asking for a reboot so they won't take forever to do one. I want to see a proper DC Cinematic Universe during my lifetime. 

Edit:

In related news...

LoP3F0G.jpg

http://nerdist.com/ben-affleck-says-hell-only-the-batman-if-the-script-is-good-enough/

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2