Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

wonder when the melting point (literally) for USA will be, when they realise the planet is fucked and they're largely responsible.

They will shoot each other before they come to that conclusion 😂

4 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I'm not familiar with the achievements of Zemeckis, so you'll have to explain this one to me. 

Ahhhhhh I mixed him with Ron Howard for Apollo 13 and failed at my bad jokes:

http://www.movie-locations.com/movies/a/Apollo13.html

To achieve the authentic feeling of weightlessness, director Ron Howard filmed the Apollo capsule scenes on a set built inside a KC-135 cargo plane used for NASA training flights. The jet followed a 30,000 feet parabolic trajectory before going into a roller-coaster dive, giving 23 seconds of weightlessness to get a shot in the can.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just now, Barnack said:

Has Ron Howard actually been into space? If so, I'm genuinely impressed, Jim wanted to go and had consent from NASA to visit the ISS, but it got canned after 9/11 unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

To achieve the authentic feeling of weightlessness, director Ron Howard filmed the Apollo capsule scenes on a set built inside a KC-135 cargo plane used for NASA training flights. The jet followed a 30,000 feet parabolic trajectory before going into a roller-coaster dive, giving 23 seconds of weightlessness to get a shot in the can.

Ah, shame then. Most private jets fly at (usually above) 36000 feet (so over the negative 10km you quoted earlier) and I'm assuming most big budget directors will have flown in a G650 at some point. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Has Ron Howard actually been into space? If so, I'm genuinely impressed, Jim wanted to go and had consent from NASA to visit the ISS, but it got canned after 9/11 unfortunately. 

Really depend of your definition of where space start, there is obviously no clear moment you leave earth to enter space, but Howard was quite below what seem to be the most used altitude of 100km of where outer space start.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Really depend of your definition of where space start, there is obviously no clear moment you leave earth to enter space, but Howard was quite below what seem to be the most used altitude of 100km of where outer space start.

Ah you're talking about the vomit comet! It doesn't actually need to go very high to get the zero-gs though Barnack! 

Here's a little extra picture for you - some familiar faces on this one... 

7900385166_ca92f75d9e_b.jpg

I just finished watching JUSTICE LEAGUE (yeah, I know, late, but I've been in a movie slump in the last couple of months) and what I want to say is: WHAT AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!

OMG, this was just so bad. How did WB ever agreed to release this shit?:hahaha: You know that I always supported DC and BvS is probably my favorite superhero movie ever. But this. Phahahaa. It was horrendous. I actually had to struggle to finish it. The ONLY good (great) scene in the movie is the Superman resurrection and even there they stopped halfway. But anyway, horrible!

I'm not even mad. I am purely laughing at how atrocious it was. Gosh, it might've be worse than Captain America 1, which is imo the worst, most boring CBM ever made (haven't seen Hulk). 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

I love seeing pages on pages of just no text, all on ignore.

yeah i love when that happens myself :P 

it doesn't happen often but I like when I see a page look like it is going that way at least  lol

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomYojimbo said:

I love seeing pages on pages of just no text, all on ignore.

33 minutes ago, 75Live said:

yeah i love when that happens myself :P 

it doesn't happen often but I like when I see a page look like it is going that way at least  lol

Apologies for interrupting but I believe this thread is for franchise discussion, perhaps you could make a Disney safe space thread? It should be very exciting full of interesting people with lots to say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Apologies for interrupting but I believe this thread is for franchise discussion, perhaps you could make a Disney safe space thread? It should be very exciting full of interesting people with lots to say.

The new live action Winnie The Pooh will have more depth than Avatar did.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Hm...Well, you could have fooled me, considering all the talk about a movie that isn't apart of a franchise.

video game, comic book, books, film, disneyland, 4 planned sequels (2 in production)

Edited by IronJimbo

24 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

In a couple of years Disney will own Avatar. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

The new live action Winnie The Pooh will have more depth than Avatar did.

Given the level of reading comprehension I've seen in this thread I think that for most on this board this will probably be true. As Wittgenstein said, the limits of language are the limits of the world, and boy are some people around these parts limited.