Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, Chaz said:

These things go in cycles. DC ruled the 80s, 90s and 00s. The 10s belong to Marvel.

The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually.

DC will have to settle for winning comics, video games and television for now.

Marvel studios only existed after Iron Man in 2008 though. If you count Spiderman and X-Men, 2000-2010 is not really a competition since DC only had Nolan's first two Batman films as standouts and then a bunch of flops like Green Lantern.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chaz said:

These things go in cycles. DC ruled the 80s, 90s and 00s. The 10s belong to Marvel.

The pendulum will swing the other direction eventually.

Thats very debateable. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are crushing it on Netflix.  Luke Cage is coming as well. And its just weird to say that DC is 'winning' comics when both companies have a bunch of critically acclaimed titles right now.  Ms Marvel, Vision, Thor, Darth Vader series are all very highly praised title. and i'm pretty sure Marvel is dominating the comic sales right now and Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther is the best selling comic of the year thus far

Edited by sdeezy
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Otakusai said:

They aren't even winning television per se.

Dardevil and Jessica Jones are better than Felicity and Friends, Flash, LoT and Supergirl imo.

Luke Cage is on the way, so is Iron Fist (and The Punisher)

Ain't nobody checking for your opinion sugar. DC currently has an entire network of television shows. 

• Like 1

Marvel is heavily outpacing DC currently in Comic Sales

Share of Overall Units - April  
Marvel 47.87%
DC 25.13%
Image 8.95%
IDW 3.67%
Boom 2.45%
Dark Horse 2.42%
Dynamite 1.45%
Titan 1.09%
Valiant 1.03%
Oni 0.63%
Aftershock 0.48%
Archie 0.44%
Viz 0.38%
Zenescope 0.36%
Action Lab 0.31%
Random House 0.20%
Hachette 0.10%
St. Martins 0.08%
Fantagraphics 0.07%
Other 2.53%

Share of Overall Dollars  
Marvel 42.98%
DC 25.82%
Image 8.72%
IDW 4.41%
Dark Horse 3.07%
Boom 2.39%
Dynamite 1.53%
Titan 1.10%
Viz 0.97%
Oni 0.87%
Valiant 0.75%
Random House 0.65%
Archie 0.43%
Fantagraphics 0.39%
Action Lab 0.37%
Zenescope 0.36%
Hachette 0.32%
Aftershock 0.30%
St. Martins 0.26%
Other 3.66%

Items in Top 300  
Marvel 94
DC 77
Image 34
IDW 23
Dark Horse 15
Boom 12
Dynamite 10
Valiant 8
Titan 7
Aftershock 3
Archie 3
Joe Books 2
Oni 2
Abstract 1
Action Lab 1
Black Mask 1
Bongo 1
United Plankton 1
Zenescope 1
American Mythology 1
Darby Pop 1
Udon 1

Share of Units in Top 300  
Marvel 52.60%
DC 27.24%
Image 7.51%
IDW 3.16%
Boom 1.98%
Dark Horse 1.88%
Valiant 1.16%
Dynamite 1.16%
Titan 0.82%
Archie 0.44%
Aftershock 0.32%
Oni 0.32%
Black Mask 0.26%
Joe Books 0.22%
Darby Pop 0.12%
Udon 0.11%
Bongo 0.10%
American Mythology 0.09%
Abstract 0.09%
United Plankton 0.08%
Action Lab 0.08%
Zenescope 0.06%

Share of Dollars in Top 300  
Marvel 54.63%
DC 26.65%
Image 6.45%
IDW 3.24%
Boom 1.94%
Dark Horse 1.75%
Valiant 1.13%
Dynamite 1.12%
Titan 0.79%
Archie 0.43%
Oni 0.31%
Black Mask 0.25%
Joe Books 0.16%
Aftershock 0.16%
Darby Pop 0.12%
Udon 0.11%
Zenescope 0.09%
Action Lab 0.09%
Bongo 0.09%
American Mythology 0.09%
Abstract 0.08%
United Plankton 0.08%

Dollar Share of Top 300 Comics & Top 300 TPBs  
Marvel 51.47%
DC 27.22%
Image 8.31%
IDW 3.28%
Dark Horse 2.36%
Boom 1.80%
Dynamite 0.91%
Valiant 0.89%
Titan 0.67%
Oni 0.53%
Archie 0.36%
Viz 0.33%
Black Mask 0.19%
Fantagraphics 0.18%
Udon 0.15%
Benitez 0.13%
Joe Books 0.13%
Random House 0.12%
Aftershock 0.12%
Darby Pop 0.09%
Zenescope 0.07%
Action Lab 0.07%
Bongo 0.07%
Drawn & Quarterly 0.07%
American Mythology 0.07%
Abstract 0.06%
United Plankton 0.06%
St. Martins 0.04%
Alternative 0.04%
Hachette 0.02%

New comics released  
Marvel 92
DC 80
Image 56
IDW 43
Dark Horse 27
Boom 27
Titan 22
Dynamite 19
Oni 8
Other 46
TOTAL 420

New graphic novels released  
Marvel 35
DC 31
IDW 21
Viz 21
Dark Horse 19
Image 17
Boom 8
Dynamite 6
Oni 4
Titan 3
Other 139
TOTAL 304

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, sdeezy said:

Thats very debateable. Daredevil and Jessica Jones are crushing it on Netflix.  Luke Cage is coming as well. And its just weird to say that DC is 'winning' comics when both companies have a bunch of critically acclaimed titles right now.  Ms Marvel, Vision, Thor, Darth Vader series are all very highly praised title. and i'm pretty sure Marvel is dominating the comic sales right now and Ta-Nehisi Coates Black Panther is the best selling comic of the year thus far

I guess there's no way to really compare viewership since Netflix doesn't release its numbers but creatively, the Netflix Marvel shows are easily better than the CW shows. The Flash is really the only one that can even be considered in the same league. 

Isn't that [overall sales numbers] because the Star Wars comics are selling like hotcakes?  Whenever I see the comic book chart Batman is still the highest selling superhero by far. It just so happens that now Marvel has the Star Wars machine rolling along, it's not really a fair comparison if the goal of this thread is to look at DC and Marvel in terms of traditional comic book entities.

Overall there would probably still be more interest in the Marvel heroes as a whole, I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think Batman is still the #1 guy or maybe Spider-Man depending. Spider-Man definitely when it comes to merchandise from the figures I've seen.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chaz said:

Nope, Daredevil and Jessica Jones are clearly on another level of quality than some CW shows.

Video games wise I'd say DC is winning thanks to the Arkham franchise (and Injustice), but both deserve a lot better!

• Like 1

DC is getting stomped in both tv and Comics. This is objective fact. Hell DC doesn't even have a lock on animation anymore, last I checked Big Hero 6 won an Oscar for best animated feature. Meanwhile the killing joke is looking pathetic.

The only thing DC has is video games and even then it's 1 series of Batman games, only because Marvel isn't even trying. Marvel could strike a deal with Capcom tomorrow and they would own that entertainment corner too.

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Chaz said:

Ain't nobody checking for your opinion sugar. DC currently has an entire network of television shows. 

Yeah... I think I brought up their tv shows, and their quality...Felicity and Friends has run out of steam. Flash is the only solid show and Supergirl is a feminist satire.

They just aren't as good as the Marvel netflix shows and I really enjoy Flash.

9 hours ago, moviesRus said:

Jesus, the day has come when Guardians of the Galaxy is considered the same level as Justice League. How do you fuck up that bad.

I'd say there is more interest on a GotG sequel than the justice league 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Isn't that [overall sales numbers] because the Star Wars comics are selling like hotcakes?  Whenever I see the comic book chart Batman is still the highest selling superhero by far. It just so happens that now Marvel has the Star Wars machine rolling along, it's not really a fair comparison if the goal of this thread is to look at DC and Marvel in terms of traditional comic book entities.

Overall there would probably still be more interest in the Marvel heroes as a whole, I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think Batman is still the #1 guy or maybe Spider-Man depending. Spider-Man definitely when it comes to merchandise from the figures I've seen.

In the top 10 of April, 7 were marvel. #1 was Blank Panther #1. If you remove the 4 star wars titles from that list, DC would be ahead 5 to 4, with Batman the Dark Knight, Batman, Batman/Teenage Mutant turtles.

top 10 of March, 7 marvel to 2 DC. DC only having Batman and Superman. And the top twenty containing only 3 DC total.

February is 7 to 3 Marvel/DC in the top 10. 16 to 4 in the top 20. End of the day DC has batman, and Batman will always be on top. but when it's the ONLY thing on top, it doesn't matter.

In the past three months, most of the titles to appear in the top 20 for DC has been Batman related. from Batman to the Dark Knight mini to Harley Quinn special, to Justice League. Only non batman related comic to be in the top 20 for DC was Superman #50. Marvel has Star Wars, Spider-Man Deadpool, Captain America, X-Men.

Edited by RandomJC
  • Like 2

You mean DC comics sales were down in April with people knowing a brand new series is releasing in May? I. AM. STUNNED.

Also, DC owns video games. DC owns TV, Flash is better rated/watched by more people than ANY Marvel show, and it's not close. DC is going to own the comics beginning tomorrow when Rebirth releases.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

You mean DC comics sales were down in April with people knowing a brand new series is releasing in May? I. AM. STUNNED.

Also, DC owns video games. DC owns TV, Flash is better rated/watched by more people than ANY Marvel show, and it's not close. DC is going to own the comics beginning tomorrow when Rebirth releases.

You don't know how many people watch Netflix shows cause they don't release the numbers. Jessica Jones and Daredevil's first seasons were both higher rated on Metacritc than The Flash and Arrow (with about equal number of reviews, further seasons gets wonky cause of the difference in review #s).

If you believe the NBC "leaked" figures, then Jessica Jones averaged about 4.8 million whereas The Flash average 4.6 million over its first season. Which would be pretty impressive for JJ since Netflix isn't free whereas everyone in America gets CW.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/jessica-jones-narcos-master-of-none-narcos-ratings-netflix-1201679334/

Edited by moviesRus

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Except April was the best month for DC for the past year.

23 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Except April was the best month for DC for the past year.

so you mean people were buying DC comics in anticipation for the biggest comic event in YEARS?! I. AM. SHOCKED.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

so you mean people were buying DC comics in anticipation for the biggest comic event in YEARS?! I. AM. SHOCKED.

You are talking out of your ass now.

Are you stunned...or shocked? Do you think sales are down, or up? am I going to take you seriously from now on?

44 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

You don't know how many people watch Netflix shows cause they don't release the numbers. Jessica Jones and Daredevil's first seasons were both higher rated on Metacritc than The Flash and Arrow (with about equal number of reviews, further seasons gets wonky cause of the difference in review #s).

If you believe the NBC "leaked" figures, then Jessica Jones averaged about 4.8 million whereas The Flash average 4.6 million over its first season. Which would be pretty impressive for JJ since Netflix isn't free whereas everyone in America gets CW.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/jessica-jones-narcos-master-of-none-narcos-ratings-netflix-1201679334/

If you include streaming + DVR for Flash, it trounces JJ. Sorry, buddy.