WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

24 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

dont you guys just fucking cringe everytime some loser movie blogger asshole uses that sound and fury signifying nothing quote to describe the most recent superhero movie or whatever like they're being fucking witty. saw a post here lay it on mad max and it was like holy christ sparrrree me.

I can't help wondering if something that holds me back from being a professional writer is knowing that at some point I'd be forced to fall back on tired, meaningless references like that to fill up space.

Edited by tribefan695

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

If Marvel can get away with making the exact same movie over and over again indefinitely, I don't see why the YA formula would suddenly burn out.

YA has angsty white teenages in love triangles.

MCU has talking raccoons, talking trees, shrinking men, Norse gods, supersoldiers, sorcerers, African kings, aliens,  superpowered female soldiers, etc. fighting villains who can bend reality.

It's not called Marvel UNIVERSE for nothing.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I guess the prequels count as YA, but the OT? Ehhhhhh

Luke was supposed to be like 19 right? It's got all the hallmarks. Coming of age story, love triangle, parental drama

Just now, Chewy said:

Luke was supposed to be like 19 right? It's got all the hallmarks. Coming of age story, love triangle, parental drama

Yeah, you could make a case for ANH, maybe Empire. By Jedi I couldn't see an argument. 

Just now, grey ghost said:

YA has angsty white teenages in love triangles.

MCU has talking raccoons, talking trees, shrinking men, Norse gods, supersoldiers, sorcerers, African kings, aliens,  superpowered female soldiers, etc. fighting villains who can bend reality.

It's not called Marvel UNIVERSE for nothing.

In a post-Harry Potter world, as long as teenagers are reading something, studios will keep making movies out of it

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I guess the prequels count as YA, but the OT? Ehhhhhh

The OT is called YA to troll SW fans who think SW is much better than that genre.  There was an amusing big back and forth about it awhile back.

And I think The Fifth Element is kinda cool lol.  Its the movie the Wachowskis ended their careers in trying to make.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2