Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Meh, there are too many films this year for a blockbuster to get in. Here are a list of films that may not get nominated and would probably be ahead of Skyfall.Beasts of Southern WIldThe ImpossibleFlightMoonrise KingdomDjango UnchainedAnna KareninaHitchcockAmourBest Exotic Marigold HotelTDKRThe HobbitRust and BonePromised LandThe SessionsLooperBrave.It's a long queue.

There is no way Skyfall is getting in, new rules or not. Will 300 people really choose it as the best film of the year? The Academy takes themselves very seriously and I doubt they would be willing to nominate a James Bond movie.

The Brit Block could rally around this to get it in, cus besides Anna Karenina which probably won't get anything, and Les Mis which will get in whether or not the Brits vote for it, Skyfall seems like the only other British option left. Plus Skyfall is about a thousand times more British than Les Mis or Anna Karenina.

Having seen Skyfall, I think it has a better chance of pulling a Bourne Ultimatum than a MI4 at the Oscars. I can easily see it scoring nominations for sound and sound editing, it definitely shouldn't be counted out of the cinematography contention, and if the music branch is able to get over Adele using about four seconds of pre-existing music in her song, that nomination should practically be a lock. Unlike TBU, however, it's not very likely to win anything, but who knows.

Meh, there are too many films this year for a blockbuster to get in. Here are a list of films that may not get nominated and would probably be ahead of Skyfall.FlightAnna KareninaBest Exotic Marigold HotelTDKRThe HobbitRust and BonePromised LandThe SessionsLooperBrave

I really think it has as good a shot as any of those. I certainly think it gets in before TDKR, Rust and Bone, Brave.`
  • Like 1

Yes, he is indeed. And if Judi Dench could get nominated for her 40 seconds-long performance in My Week With Marilyn last year she can get nominated for Skyfall.

Dame Judi`s 40 secs in MWWM >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pint`o`wood in Slumdog. Now that was Pia Zadora-level Lmao nomination.

I really think it has as good a shot as any of those. I certainly think it gets in before TDKR, Rust and Bone, Brave.`

Couldn't disagree more. TDKR has history of nominations which Bond does not. Rust and Bone has Cottliard, Best Actress frontrunner. Brave is going to be nominated for Best Animated and Best Song. Skyfall's best hope is tech stuff.

Couldn't disagree more. TDKR has history of nominations which Bond does not. Rust and Bone has Cottliard, Best Actress frontrunner. Brave is going to be nominated for Best Animated and Best Song. Skyfall's best hope is tech stuff.

I think Avengers, Hobbit and possibly Prometheus have a better chance at that slot.Now for Rust and Bone-no clue as I'm not really sure what it is about.