3. Beasts of the Southern Wild

4. Lincoln

5. Argo

6. Silver Linings Playbook

7. Les Miserables

8. Life of Pi

9. Moonrise Kingdom

10. The Dark Knight Rises

Nominees will probably match at 5-6 of these maybe more or less depending on how good of a year Travers is having. Usually it's around 5-6 (In either 2009 or 2010 he got 10 for 10 :o)

• Like 1

If Les Miz crashes and ZDT cannot keep up its momentum then will it be possible for The Master to stage a comeback? I am actually very curious about BAFTA if Les Miz isn't up to par. Other supposed frontrunners are very American movies and may not be able to win over the BAFTA voters.

If Les Miz crashes and ZDT cannot keep up its momentum then will it be possible for The Master to stage a comeback? I am actually very curious about BAFTA if Les Miz isn't up to par. Other supposed frontrunners are very American movies and may not be able to win over the BAFTA voters.

Reported BAFTA was completely sold. And Master won't ever win a Guild award for BP, it's totally inaccessible to them.

Huffington Post's Top 30: Not a horrible list despite some Egregious inclusions and exclusions IMO. 1. Zero Dark Thirty – Kathryn Bigelow 2. Lincoln – Steven Spielberg 3. Beasts Of The Southern Wild – Benh Zeitlin 4. Argo – Ben Affleck 5. Django Unchained – Quentin Tarantino 6. Moonrise Kingdom – Wes Anderson 7. Silver Linings Playbook – David O. Russell 8. Skyfall – Sam Mendes 9. Les Miserables – Tom Hooper 10. Looper – Rian Johnson 11. Marvel’s The Avengers – Joss Whedon 12. Life Of Pi – Ang Lee 13. The Master – Paul Thomas Anderson 14. The Dark Knight Rises – Christopher Nolan 14. The Hunger Games – Gary Ross 15. Pitch Perfect – Jason Moore 16. Amour – Michael Haneke 17. 21 Jump Street – Phil Lord and Chris Miller 18. Flight – Robert Zemeckis 19. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky 20. Holy Motors – Leos Carax 21. The Impossible – Juan Antonio Bayona 22. ParaNorman – Chris Butler and Sam Fell 22. Wreck-It Ralph – Rich Moore 23. Promised Land – Gus Van Sant 24. Magic Mike – Steven Soderbergh 25. The Cabin In The Woods – Drew Goddard 26. The Grey – Joe Carnahan 27. Sleepwalk With Me – Mike Birbiglia and Seth Barrish 28. The Sessions – Ben Lewin 29. This Is 40 – Judd Apatow 30. Ruby Sparks – Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris 30. Celeste & Jesse Forever – Lee Toland Krieger

Wreck-It Ralph isn't the top animated movie on that list, it's invalid. ;) EDIT: Looks like it was actually a tie...Actually, that's a pretty good list, with the exception of Hunger Games so high...

Edited by Break-It Blank

Huffington Post's Top 30: Not a horrible list despite some Egregious inclusions and exclusions IMO.1. Zero Dark Thirty – Kathryn Bigelow2. Lincoln – Steven Spielberg3. Beasts Of The Southern Wild – Benh Zeitlin4. Argo – Ben Affleck5. Django Unchained – Quentin Tarantino6. Moonrise Kingdom – Wes Anderson7. Silver Linings Playbook – David O. Russell8. Skyfall – Sam Mendes9. Les Miserables – Tom Hooper10. Looper – Rian Johnson11. Marvel’s The Avengers – Joss Whedon12. Life Of Pi – Ang Lee13. The Master – Paul Thomas Anderson14. The Dark Knight Rises – Christopher Nolan14. The Hunger Games – Gary Ross15. Pitch Perfect – Jason Moore16. Amour – Michael Haneke17. 21 Jump Street – Phil Lord and Chris Miller18. Flight – Robert Zemeckis19. The Perks Of Being A Wallflower – Stephen Chbosky20. Holy Motors – Leos Carax21. The Impossible – Juan Antonio Bayona22. ParaNorman – Chris Butler and Sam Fell22. Wreck-It Ralph – Rich Moore23. Promised Land – Gus Van Sant24. Magic Mike – Steven Soderbergh25. The Cabin In The Woods – Drew Goddard26. The Grey – Joe Carnahan27. Sleepwalk With Me – Mike Birbiglia and Seth Barrish28. The Sessions – Ben Lewin29. This Is 40 – Judd Apatow30. Ruby Sparks – Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris30. Celeste & Jesse Forever – Lee Toland Krieger

Who put Life of Pi in front of The Avengers?

When you make a Top 30, you're just asking for trouble. I enjoyed 21 Jump Street, but placing it over Holy Motors? <_<

I know, and Amour at 16 is just a huge slap in the face. I know I loved the movie, and many didn't love it as much as I did, but 16 is just a huge god-damn insult. 16 by itself isn't bad, but when things like Pitch Perfect, Looper, Avengers and Hunger Games are ranked above it that's just wrong.
  • Like 1

So what are the locks at this point ZDT Lincoln SLP Les Miz and Argo?Also what about Beasts of the Southern Wild. It wasn't really a big hit but I seem to see it popping up on a lot of best of the year lists.

Edited by DAR

Looper has a better shot than Skyfall, TDKR and Avengers IMO.1. Zero Dark Thirty2. Lincoln3. Argo4. Les Miserables5. Sliver Linings Playbook6. The Master7. Django Unchained8. Beasts of the Southern Wild----------------9. Life of Pi10. Amour11. Moonrise Kingdom12. Looper13. Flight14. The Perks of Being a Wallflower15. Skyfall16. Holy Motors17. Cloud Atlas18. The Dark Knight Rises19. The Avengers20. The ImpossibleEverything above the line are my current picks.

New rankings, because I can.

1. Lincoln (--)

2. Zero Dark Thirty (up 2)

3. Les Miserables (down 1)

4. Argo (down 1)

5. Silver Linings Playbook (up 1)

6. Life of Pi (down 1)

7. Django Unchained (up 1)

8. Beasts of the Southern Wild (up 1)

9. The Master (down 2)

----------------------------------------------------

10. Moonrise Kingdom (--)