Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Best Picture, Director, Actor, Supporting Actor, Adapted Screenplay, Make-Up - LincolnBest Actress, Editing - Zero Dark ThirtyBest Supporting Actress - Les MisérablesBest Original Screenplay - Django UnchainedBest Cinematography, Original Score, Visual Effects - Life of PiBest Original Song, Sound Mixing, Sound Editing - SkyfallBest Art Direction, Costume Design - Anna KareninaBest Animated Film - FrankenweenieLincoln - 6Life of Pi - 3Skyfall - 3ZDT - 2Anna Karenina - 2Django - 1Les Mis - 1Frankenweenie - 1Most nominations without a win - Silver Linings Playbook (Picture, Director, Actress, Supporting Actor, Adapted Screenplay and likely Actor), The Master (Picture, Original Screenplay, Supporting Actor, Supporting Actress, Cinematography, Art Direction and maybe Actor). Unless the latter gets shut out in Picture, Art Direction and acting categories save for PSH.

it looks accurate.

And Les Mis swims in a big way. It's totally back now, especially if it makes 200+m DOM and hundreds more OS, I doubt they can ignore it. Especially since they love it already. SAG ensemble and PGA aren't out of the question. BAFTA and GG are mere formalities.

• Like 1

I'm wondering what chance Argo has.

It needs a major upset win to be back in the serious conversation for the win. Right now it's sitting at less than 5% at best. Win is probably right now between Les Mis and Lincoln. Zero Dark Thirty by virtue of buzz should be in serious conversation for the win, but it missed SAG ensemble and that puts a pretty definitive stopper on your chances of winning.

ZDT isn't in this race. It's not the type of movie the Academy usually are drawn towards. It is a lock for a nomination however.

Hurt Locker wasn't an Academy movie either along with The Departed, NYCFOM, and etc. It would've had a fighting chance against the 2 frontrunners, but not with a ensemble snub. that's practically a death blow. Only one film has ever won without it, and that was in the first year of the SAGs where ensemble actually meant ensemble.

Hurt Locker wasn't an Academy movie either along with The Departed, NYCFOM, and etc. It would've had a fighting chance against the 2 frontrunners, but not with a ensemble snub. that's practically a death blow. Only one film has ever won without it, and that was in the first year of the SAGs where ensemble actually meant ensemble.

While I am also super confident that ZDT is not winning. Way to controversial IMO. The thing is that the screeners got out to SAG members the week that their ballots were due. I heard many of them didn't actually see the film before casting their nominations.

While I am also super confident that ZDT is not winning. Way to controversial IMO. The thing is that the screeners got out to SAG members the week that their ballots were due. I heard many of them didn't actually see the film before casting their nominations.

I've actually heard the contrary. It hit SAG exactly 5 days before the deadline, and for a buzzed movie that's more than enough time for voters to see it before casting ballots. I did hear that it was kind of divisive. There are people who loved it and people who felt it was clinical and in the Guild's mind therefore not good.