#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, Rth said:

Yesterday initial est 63-65 being to conservative, let’s see if Sunday is too conservative..or not,  atm go with 54-57m, which high end would be inline with high  DL had this morning from other sources.

Well looks like $240M is happening. Perhaps $245M?

3 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Does this include the $60 marathon showings from Thursday?  I don't know how widespread they were, but they might have done big in major cities.

If they were included in the 57M preview number, then yes.

Hmmm. here comes another roller coaster ride since it's so early on the WC. Definitely think it will increase from Disneys estimates, hopefully evening shows don't end up softer then expected. By pictures of lines still today, I think it will still do strongly. 

I know of at least 5 people who went today.

• Like 2

So you know how I said there was a "healthy" line for the IMAX I'm seeing? Well that turned out to have about 250 people ahead of us! It was partially hidden in this long exit hallway of the theater. Lucky my friends and I got halfways decent seats at all, most good were already taken.  And we got here 40 mins early! I thought 20 was gonna be more than enough on a Sunday night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BourneFan #1 said:

I bet CJohn's mod powers are being taken away from him as more people find out the truth. Why didn't he listen to Will Smith and TELL DA TROOF!

Tele ain't gonna do that. He is just gonna accept the truth :P 

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Feels like TA/JW Sunday.

Late night sunday shows were a ghostown

with walks up filling up. 

I was driving through Trinity all day today (did the route 32) and Silvercity was slammed from noon until I got off work (around 7).

Just now, BATMOOSEMIKE said:

Why do studios always lowball estimates on their own movies? I can't remember the last time I saw a studio over predict their own movie.

Better to be conservative than come out with egg on your face.

• Like 2