baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

Just now, kitik said:

Don't blame SW fans for crapping on Avatar. You're just perceiving it as such because it seems like just about everyone on this board is a SW fan right now.

Hate the quality of Avatar, plot, etc (which is silly since most would honestly say they enjoyed it the first time they saw it), but respect the BO run. That's my plea to the fellow nerds on here.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

Remember early Saturday when Avatar fans had a brief since of hope with some reports of Saturday numbers going as low as 60m or under?  Lawl

I'm an Avatar and Star Wars fan.  Star Wars more so.  

But it what I'm really a big fan of is seeing a $1 Billion domestic grosser. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Jw is not iconic in any way.

TA has the circle shot, Avatar has epic special effects. 

Avatar was also way more ballsy of a project. Although I'll admit years ago I was trashing TA in its likelihood for being too big of a clusterf*** & it turns out BvS will be the REAL clusterf*** the GA hates. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

tumblr_nrg8x3mJN11urph5fo1_500.gif

image.gif

I will tell you this no one talks about JW past its good fun okay.

TA, TDK, Avatar and SW7 have lots of buzz memes and such attached to it.

The point is JW was a huge hit but was likely the least non fanboy based massive hit of the current decade. Meaning there is no core base of fans who will talk about the film for all time. 

I am not saying JW was not popular or liked but I think like the other films I listed it wont be remembred like a 1993 Jurassic Park.

Frankly JW just showed us the potential of wide appealing blockbusters that are not based on a devoted fanbase with 2015 prices. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I will tell you this no one talks about JW past its good fun okay.

TA, TDK, Avatar and SW7 have lots of buzz memes and such attached to it.

The point is JW was a huge hit but was likely the least non fanboy based massive hit of the current decade. Meaning there is no core base of fans who will talk about the film for all time. 

JW has more or at least the same number of memes around the Internet than the first Avengers. Just go to a place like 9gag and you will notice that. And those two scenes above everyone remembers. Just like the circle shot or Hulk punching Thor in Avengers. Same shit. Both are essentially the same. I know you are a crazy Marvel fanboy so you will never admit it but it is the truth :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

JW has more or at least the same number of memes around the Internet than the first Avengers. Just go to a place like 9gag and you will notice that. And those two scenes above everyone remembers. Just like the circle shot or Hulk punching Thor in Avengers. Same shit. Both are essentially the same. I know you are a crazy Marvel fanboy so you will never admit it but it is the truth :lol: 

Pretty much defines 2015

Messy blockbuster but wide appealing = big dollars. 

• Like 1