CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

‘Star Wars’ Now 4th-Biggest Domestic Grosser; Expanding ‘Hateful Eight’ Adds $3.4M-$3.7M Wednesday ...

...Expanding to 1,958 locations, Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight took in between $3.4M and $3.7M Wednesday night, to industry sources...

...No. 4 on Wednesday night, if estimates hold. The picture will expand to 2,264 dates on Thursday and 2,474 by Friday.

The Force Awakens, ... ~-5% from Tuesday for a Wednesday take of roughly $27.5M to $27.9M which would bring its domestic cume to $628.7M. ... Episode V11:rofl: we live in 2030? ) to the 4th highest domestic grosser of all time, ...

...of staying power, it’s likely ... The Force Awakens will hit $700M domestic sometime Friday.

...No. 2 Daddy’s Home ... ~-5% from Tuesday to bring in about $27.9M, ... tally to roughly $58.8M.

#3  Alvin ...Road Chip ~-9% to an estimated $4.25M Wednesday and a cume of about $54.4M.

... No. 5, Sisters ~-2% ... bring in an estimated $3.15M Wednesday ... cume of about $46.8M.

No. 6 Joy, ... ~-8.5%  .... estimated $2.6M Wednesday ...cume of $25M.

The Big Short ~-1% ... take of... $1.91M-$1.93M for 7th place, ... cume .. $21.9M.

....Concussion ... No. 8, with an estimated $1.7M, ~-9.5% ... cume of about $15.75M.

Edited by terrestrial
to add the color.. for the all around drops &...
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, RogueLeader said:

Dude, its gotta AT LEAST match that Tuesday number!!!

19 minutes ago, Nasok said:

Rth go to LA and move yourself to the theater. And bring that 1mln for it to stay flat

on 2nd thought... don't nag to the messenger, :worthy: instead   ;)

35 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

$28M on Wednesday.

How is it's WW-numbers by now?

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $600,949,526    48.9%
Foreign:  $627,400,000    51.1%

Worldwide:  $1,228,349,526  

Add 28 to that qand you have 1.256 bill....international numbers are not known yet for yesterdqy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smerfy01 said:

I love Nolan and his capacity to bring me cinema experiences that I love (TDK, BB, Inception, Interstellar, Memento, Following, The Prestige)...but no. Just no. 

Better directors currently working: David Fincher, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Haneke (seriously, watch Das weiße Band), Jee-Woon Kim, Terrence Malick, Darren Aronofsky.

So Nolan's in my currently working, post 80's strike top 15. 

Malick and Taratino but no Cameron, what do you measure a director by? What makes a directer better than another. I'm struggling to think of anything Tarantino is better than Jim at.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Because Jim makes movies for the masses whereas these others do artsy fartsy stuff. We all know naming these makes one sound more... i dunno... sophisticated.

b1XkjU8.jpg

When people say a director is better than others it seems like they're saying they prefer the filmography of Director X over Y rather than rating their directing skills.

Oh well, all those Directors listed are better than Nolan in every measure though.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

When people say a director is better than others it seems like they're saying they prefer the filmography of Director X over Y rather than rating their directing skills.

I'm gonna be honest, that's what it comes down to for me, "directing skills" is such a vague term. At the end of the day, the director is a dictator, he signs off on everything, has a direct influence on everything, is responsible for hiring the right people, bringing the best out of them, it's his vision on the screen (yes, i know, there are less fortunate directors).