The Panda

The Panda's Best 15 Films of 2015 - Number 1 Film Revealed!

And now...

Number One

Inside Out

Stacey-Aoyama-Eric-Tan-Inside-Out-Movie-

"Take her to the moon for me. Okay?"

My Original Grade: A+

Most Valuable Player: Pete Docter

Box Office: 356.5m

Tomatometer: 98%

Reasoning: I originally thought it was going to be tough to pick a number one between a few movies, but then I sat down and re-watched this film again, and the decision was easy.  Inside Out is a film about emotions that truly delivers the most emotional experience you are going to have in 2015.  The film as a whole made me laugh more than any other film this year, even going into a third re-watch.  The film is the only one that actually made me cry (and continues to make me cry) this year.  The film is one of the most innovative and well-executed ideas I have seen in years.  And it comes from another Pixar film.  On the topic of Pixar films, this might actually be my favorite, and that's tough competition.  The script Pete Docter crafted is ingenious, and the visuals created by the film just help to compliment it even more.  The entire script is pure gold, and delivered with some of the most heart I have seen in a Pixar film.  It may be an animated film, but every time I watch it, I pick up on something else either clever and thought-provoking.  The score is beautiful, innovative, and playful, it definitely caught my ear more than any other score this year.  The voice performances are some of the best you're going to get out of an animated movie, especially from your 5 core emotions.  It's a definitive example of an animated film made to be a great movie instead of made to be a good kids movie (although, I do think it is accessible to children, even if they don't pick up on the genius of the film).  The movie is polished to every detail, and is one of the most complete feeling movies you will watch this year.  Inside Out is truly a masterpiece of filmmaking.

Fun Fact: This is the first time I have put an animated movie as my number 1 film of the year.

Edited by The Panda Menace
  • Like 13

Pixar delivering the goods. And now we will have to endure shit like Cars 3, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory until they are able to deliver another movie like this one :lol: 

• Like 7

Just now, CJohn said:

Pixar delivering the goods. And now we will have to endure shit like Cars 3, The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory until they are able to deliver another movie like this one :lol: 

I doubt there'll be another animated movie I like this much in a long time.  Maybe ever, as it could quite possibly actually be my favorite animated film now.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Good Dinosaur was rad.

Anyway... it'll be worth it. If Pixar ever makes another movie as good as Inside Out, it'll have been worth the wait. I would endure a thousand Cars 2 movies if it meant another Inside Out.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Hey now! I trust Stanton to deliver the goods with Dory (not necessarily Inside Out or Finding Memo good but I've got expectations)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Good Dinosaur was rad.

Anyway... it'll be worth it. If Pixar ever makes another movie as good as Inside Out, it'll have been worth the wait. I would endure a thousand Cars 2 movies if it meant another Inside Out.

I thought the Good Dinosaur was a good film......but we are use to great when it comes to Pixar. Still rate it top 3 animated films of the year.

• Like 1

Just now, Ocho said:

I thought the Good Dinosaur was a good film......but we are use to great when it comes to Pixar. Still rate it top 3 animated films of the year.

Good Dinosaur is top 3 Pixar. :ph34r:

For those interested, here was my running list for the year

1. Inside Out
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
3. Mad Max: Fury Road
4. The Big Short
5. Spotlight
6. Ex Machina
7. Bridge of Spies
8. Creed
9. Sicario
10. Jurassic World
11. The Peanuts Movie
12. Beasts of No Nation
13. What We Do in the Shadows
14. The Martian
15. Kingsman: The Secret Service
16. The Hateful Eight
17. Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief
18. Brooklyn
19. The Last 5 Years
20. Spy
21. Slow West
22. The Good Dinosaur
23. Furious 7
24. Everest
25. Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
26. The DUFF
27. The Walk
28. Spectre
29. Ant-Man
30. The Best of Enemies
31. Pitch Perfect 2
32. Avengers: Age of Ultron
33. Cinderella
34. Crimson Peak
35. Chappie
36. War Room
37. Minions
38. Queen of Earth
39. Ricki and the Flash
40. The Wolfpack
41. No Escape
42. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2
43. Terminator Genisys
44. Vacation
45. Do I Sound Gay?
46. Jupiter Ascending
47. Max
48. Mortdecai
49. The Man From U.N.C.L.E
50. Insurgent
51. Get Hard
52. Descendants 
53. Tomorrowland
54. Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension
55. Blackhat
56. T3ken
57. Pixels
58. Seventh Son
59. The Ridiculous 6
60. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2
61. In the Heart of the Sea
62. Fant4stic
63. Hot Pursuit
64. Pan
65. Fifty Shades of Grey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

Hey I think Finding Dory has some potential, at least it has way more than toy commercial Cars 3.

• Like 2

On 12/31/2015 at 2:50 PM, 4815162342 said:

It'll be great in February when I do my best of 2015 list. I had fun last year pissing people off because I dared to have Amazing Spider-Man 2 at #50 :lol:

The worst thing about your list was that last year we were graced with the presence of two Lord/Miller masterpieces, and you put them both right underneath two of the worst films of last year :angry: 

• Like 2