baumer

RTH Thursday SW around 23 (celebration!!)

to give an example for New Years Eve / day before New Years Day, here the 2009 one (has 3 titles in the New Years Day top 5 chart)

Thursday, December 31, 2009

TD YD Title (Click to View) Studio Daily Gross % +/- YD / LW Theaters / Avg Gross To-Date Day
1 1 Avatar Fox $14,738,136 -20% +32% 3,456 $4,265 $283,624,210 14
2 2 Alvin ..... Squeakquel Fox $8,732,013 -26% +10% 3,700 $2,360 $120,727,282 9
3 3 Sherlock Holmes WB $8,691,781 -11% - 3,626 $2,397 $102,102,956 7

Putting the est. $22.7m against that .... :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Well I have a ticket to TFA Saturday so if the Saturday total after Friday is very close, I will see it Sunday and Monday. You can bet I'll be part of the gross the day it passes Avatar. I can't wait!

I can not understand it (the reasons for going at/on certain days...), but I admire your enthusiasm.

I am happy if I get it to see it a 2nd time in January (really hopping for next week). Here in my secluded (?) area not so simple, especially as I want to see it in the original language again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Boy, what is it with all the JURASSIC WORLD hate???? What the hell??? This movie was excellent.. What the hell more did you want from it and please, spare me the whole "acting and dialogue" crap cause no one was seeing a movie like JURASSIC WORLD for that.. You want a movie with those 2 criteria, go watch The SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, not a movie like JURASSIC WORLD for the acting and dialogue...

I don't hate it, but I thought it was totally safe as the calendar year #1. But now that Star Wars has got so close, for it not to beat JW on the last day of the year would be be a bit of a shame IMO. Also, I don't think that's ever happened before, so it would be cool if it happened.

• Like 3

Have to wonder what Disney must be thinking. They spent half a decade building up their Marvel Universe to the culminating event of the Avengers in 2012. It was huge. But their shiny new IP called Star Wars beat that in 13 days. 

I just hope they realize the value in Star Wars is less=more. I am fine with as many spinoffs as they think they can sell (especially if they start broadening the galaxy with them), but keep the Saga trilogies at once a decade at a min. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RogueLeader said:

DAMN MAN! I gotta say RTH is friggin incredibly.

His numbers have been spot on for days now.

Where does this guy get his info? He can see things before they happen ....... like Anakin! ;)

Seriously though, I've never seen same day estimate so well done. Bravo sir!

As for the 23 million gross, that is pretty damn good for New Years Eve.

Im still really wondering what it will be for this weekend though.

Does RTH give predictions ahead of time? I want his thoughts on the weekend numbers.

I'm hoping for 125 million. Too much to hope for?

Do not question the ways of the master Rth, he has his own ways...

125M? Way too much pal, It will collect anywhere between 95-105M.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I can not understand it (the reasons for going at/on certain days...), but I admire your enthusiasm.

I am happy if I get it to see it a 2nd time in January (really hopping for next week). Here in my secluded (?) area not so simple, especially as I want to see it in the original language again.

Oh it's ok man, no worries. Actually I will explain it to you if you don't mind. So Regal on Saturdays gives a special ticket (laminated and whatnot) to the first 500 people who see it in IMAX that day. Last week, I got #1 of 500 for the day. It was Kylo Ren. The first week was BB-8. These sell on eBay for about $12 each. I am not selling mine, don't get me wrong, but that's my reason for the Saturday morning viewings. They are doing it for the first 4 weeks of release. I want them all. 

Dude, you can totally make fun of me, HAHA, it's alright! I'm a crazy. I'm a fanatic. I'm one of "those" die-hard Star Wars fans who sees the movies a million times. I don't judge someone for making fun of the fans like me. I just love the movies and that's how I am. You are very nice not to be like, "Dude, get a life." We all have things we love. I have a wonderful and tolerant girlfriend of 4.5 years and own my own company, so I'm super lucky. But I'm a freak! I'd be the last one to judge you for giving me a bit of crap :P

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Boy, what is it with all the JURASSIC WORLD hate???? What the hell??? This movie was excellent.. What the hell more did you want from it and please, spare me the whole "acting and dialogue" crap cause no one was seeing a movie like JURASSIC WORLD for that.. You want a movie with those 2 criteria, go watch The SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, not a movie like JURASSIC WORLD for the acting and dialogue...

Hey man, no argument from me. Out of respect I watched JW last night and really enjoyed it! Again. I bought in Blu-ray and saw it in theaters. Very fun movie. There's nothing wrong with enjoying JW. It's a really, really fun movie. Any other year it would be #1 for sure, easily. I love Star Wars, though. It's nothing personal. Still love JW. :D

• Like 2

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Yeah, that really wasn't so much directed at you intentionally as it is a few around here who aren't very high on the movie in itself.. You couldn't ask for a better rampaging dinosaur movie with actual carnage in it.. That's excellent.. Now, I'm not sure how they can make a sequel work other than introducing more marine dinosaurs, something like a MEGOLODON would be cool if they spent some $$$$$$ on it and took it seriously, but even then, Eli Roth will have his crack at it coming soon and hopefully, it has a sizable budget...

I think they did a great job! There are SO many funny moments with Chris Pratt. LOL my god I was cracking up last night. People around here are way too harsh on Jurassic World. It was really FUN. What more do you want out of it? It's a dinosaur film. It's not meant to be a huge thoughtful film, just a ton of fun. Did it not deliver that? I think it did. I love that part so much where Bryce Dallas Howard ties her clothing and whatnot and Pratt is like, "... what does that mean? I don't get it. What is this?" She's like, "I'm ready." Hahaha. It's a ton of fun. Not every movie needs to be the Second Coming with the most amazing message known to man. Some movies can just be a ton of fun. Especially in theaters. The movie looked and sounded wonderful. I'm curious what anyone else wanted out of it?

I very much enjoyed Jurassic World. Am I happy SW is doing so awesome? Sure, of course I am. I'm a Star Wars fan! Did I root like heck or JW? You better bet I did. I was so impressed, happy, and surprised at the success. You can root for many franchises at once. You don't have to be a total homer lol. I really liked the film. Is it one of the greatest films ever? Well, no... but did it need to be?? It was a lot of fun. That should be totally fine...

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Oh it's ok man, no worries. A

....to the first 500 people who see it in IMAX that day. Last week, I got #1 of 500 for the day. It was Kylo Ren. The first week was BB-8. These sell on eBay for about $12 each. ....reason for the Saturday morning viewings. They are doing it for the first 4 weeks of release. I want them all. 

Dude, you can totally make fun of me, HAHA, it's alright! .............

You are very nice not to be like, "Dude, get a life." .... a wonderful and tolerant girlfriend of 4.5 years and own my own company, so I'm super lucky. But I'm a freak! I'd be the last one to judge you for giving me a bit of crap :P

1. hmmm how to point that out? Do you see my signature? Not sure, as some deactivate that. The smiley there.... it's female! :P

2. Dude = in my RL.... region = a term for males. According to at least one other member here = not gender associated. Only in case you are wondering why I marked that too

3. I didn't give you crap, it wasn't meant that way. I simply didn't understand, and when I feel I do not understand I write it or ask about it. As asking about details like that a lot of people might understand as ... a bit in a negative way I try to find formulations to show my not understanding without being obstrusive, like to demand an answer.

4. Ahh, collector items only to get that way! That I can comprehend.

5. My (2nd) husband of 21+ years is definitivly not a Star Wars fan. Or a fan of any movie series / modern movie / action /Sci-Fi... I like or love. Be glad... (but my son and me have a certain intersection in taste for movies - yeah!)

• Like 3

Holy shit, it just doesn't stop! $23m on new years eve is absolutely ludicrous.

Avatar made 14.7m on this new eve, then increased 71% to Friday. Star Wars has been out pacing it so lets say 75%, then if we take this number with the original 23m we hit very close to $40m, by the end of the weekend star wars will hit just under 800m. After the 3rd week Avatar had made only 40% of it's total gross, it's safe to say Star Wars is following this trend which means it will hit 1.8B DOM by the end of this run, now if we do the same for Star Wars over seas run and mutliply in the BB8 factor we can evalutate that it will make something close to 23 trillion dollars.

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

1. hmmm how to point that out? Do you see my signature? Not sure, as some deactivate that. The smiley there.... it's female! :P

2. Dude = in my RL.... region = a term for males. According to at least one other member here = not gender associated. Only in case you are wondering why I marked that too

3. I didn't give you crap, it wasn't meant that way. I simply didn't understand, and when I feel I do not understand I write it or ask about it. As asking about details like that a lot of people might understand as ... a bit in a negative way I try to find formulations to show my not understanding without being obstrusive, like to demand an answer.

4. Ahh, collector items only to get that way! That I can comprehend.

5. My (2nd) husband of 21+ years is definitivly not a Star Wars fan. Or a fan of any movie series / modern movie / action /Sci-Fi... I like or love. Be glad... (but my son and me have a certain intersection in taste for movies - yeah!)

I apologize! No offense was intended. Thanks for being understanding, anyway. I was just trying to explain why I'm so die-hard. At least you seem very non-judgmental :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

I apologize! No offense was intended. Thanks for being understanding, anyway. I was just trying to explain why I'm so die-hard. At least you seem very non-judgmental :)

Don't worry, no need to thank as I think it should be ... searching dictionary: 'as a matter of course'.

Hint:

here are way more female members as I am used to at other forums (but those are often rather technic related).

• Like 2

For me every member I have encountered has been really pleasant and awesome even when they totally disagree with me and think I'm completely wrong. This forum is a delight. I very much enjoy posting here and the member here. They are a lot of fun!

• Like 5

@RogueLeader 

@Rth doesn't estimate per say.  He has data, live data.  So yes he estimates in a way, but it's more of an extrapolation that a prediction.  No one knows who he works for but we appreciate everything he does for us here.  He's like our crack dealer.

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Ajde said:

We leave this year with following results:

$124,6M UK
$70,6M Germany
$59,2M France
$44,1M Australia
$40,6M Japan
$23,5M Spain
$22,2M Mexico
$22,0M Italy
$19,9M South Korea
$19,3M Russia
$18,6M Brazil
$13,2M Sweden
$11,2M Poland

Happy New Year to y'all. May the force be with you!

quoted out of our International Forum area

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Early estimates for Thursday (Deadline): $23M US, $30M OS.

quoted out of our International Forum area

7 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

@RogueLeader

@Rth but we appreciate everything he does for us here.  He's like our crack dealer.

totally agree and ??? I can not delete the user names out of the quote?

Happy birthday!

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1