WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

I'm actually starting to think Redmayne is snubbed for Bryan Cranston.

I think the line-up will be Cranston/Damon/DiCaprio/Fassbender/Redmayne. Steve Carell is a close sixth, but I think if he were to happen, he would've gotten in at SAG (where both Film and TV sides would've boosted him).

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think the line-up will be Cranston/Damon/DiCaprio/Fassbender/Redmayne. Steve Carell is a close sixth, but I think if he were to happen, he would've gotten in at SAG (where both Film and TV sides would've boosted him).

What about Christian Bale? He seems to be in better position than Carell. 

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Oh yeah, Vikander is also getting in, probably for both of those. And I forgot about Costumes, it is getting one as well. 

My queen JLaw is not gonna get nominated :( I am so sad but it is pretty obvious at this point she is not getting in. 

She could still get in unless Mara goes Lead if voters don't buy the category fraud (which they will). Joy isn't going to be nominated for anything else, though. The "presumed frontrunner" curse lives on.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What :kitschjob: He is getting Best Lead Actor nominations everywhere. 

Didn't he get a Supporting Nod at SAG?

If you see the movie, he's more supporting than Lead.

• Like 1

She could still get in unless Mara goes Lead if voters don't buy the category fraud (which they will). Joy isn't going to be nominated for anything else, though. The "presumed frontrunner" curse lives on.

Yeah, Mara is lead in the Golden Globes but supporting in the other stuff that already announced nominations. 

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

He'll be supporting at Oscars (don't know why he isn't at Globes, definitely a supporting role). 

Because Comedy Actor has nobody. They nominated Al Pacino for a movie everyone forgot about and Mark Ruffalo for a movie that was barely seen.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Charlotte Rampling is totally getting in the Best Actress race, taking Jennifer Lawrence out <_<

I wouldn't be so sure about Rampling, she hasn't gotten in at many precursors. Emily Blunt is definitely in.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

What :kitschjob: He is getting Best Lead Actor nominations everywhere. 

He got Supporting at SAG

• Like 1

This is all nonsense :lol: Mara and Bale can't be whatever voters decide to in different Awards shows. They are either supporting or lead. I even read somewhere Vikander might go for supporting as well at the Oscars. 

Well this is one way to kill your derby. I meant to write $42.10 million for The Revenant and I accidentally wrote $12.10 million. I was going to miss deadline and was in a hurry.

Just perfect....lol:angry:

LOL Emily Blunt is definitely not a lock. Benecio Del Toro isn't even a guarantee to get in Best Supporting Actor and he's got a much stronger chance of breaking through his category than she does in hers.

I wouldn't say she's locked, but have you seen how Sicario has been performing at the guilds outside of SAG? It's on a comeback, and in a year where the 5th (maybe even 4th) is a question mark she can get in.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

MODERATION:

Guys, a little Oscar talk here is okay (and even expected), but it's a bit much at this point. Time to take it to the Oscar forum. 

Can we open the Globes thread now while we're at it?

• Like 1

LOL Emily Blunt is definitely not a lock. Benecio Del Toro isn't even a guarantee to get in Best Supporting Actor and he's got a much stronger chance of breaking through his category than she does in hers.

I hope Benicio gets in but I doubt it. Sicario isn't the type of movie that gets a lot of love from the Academy. Emily Blunt is not getting nominated for sure.

3 hours ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Hmm.....

If Force Awakens won't beat Titanic, worldwide?.....then what movie will?

Avengers: Infinity War P2? Jurassic World 2? SW: EP9? What will?

JW2 won't. Episode 9 will certainly drop below 2B so neither will it. Infinity War will 100% be doing it (its getting 600 from China alone and so probably 1200 from US+China alone). But that's too far ahead. Avatar 2 will certainly be doing it before all these. Can't see any other movie doing it till Infinity Wars 2 though. Its so amazing that even after nearly 20 years, with such a fast growing OS market and a well grown DOM market and addition of 3D and other things, only two movies have even crossed its first run gross, both of them the subsequent DOM champions and one of them only after making near a Billion in US.

EDIT: Just realized we were talking about episode 9 and not 8. Its not certain to drop below 2B. I think it still has more chances of ending lower than this Episode 7 though. But yeah it may outgross titanic.

Edited by Infernus