WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Just now, misterchief81 said:

Yep, that's where I saw it. Looked great. Supposedly Revenant looks/sounds amazing in there as well. Throw in reserved seating and leather recliners and it's my preferred theatre of choice in the area.

I've traditionally stayed well clear of the Burbank 16 because I'd always heard rundown/shabby stuff about it. Sounds like they've renovated/upgraded at least a few of their screens. I'll have to check it out.

22 minutes ago, ArmGunar said:

Is that good 3.1M on Monday ?

20 minutes ago, DAJK said:

To be expected more or less.

I don't think the week day numbers are going to be good or bad anymore.  Now it just sort of follows a pattern.  Tuesday will go up by about 20-30%, Wed will fall by about the same number and so on.  It's the weekend that will determine where it finishes.....920 or closer to 970.  Just my opinion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I've traditionally stayed well clear of the Burbank 16 because I'd always heard rundown/shabby stuff about it. Sounds like they've renovated/upgraded at least a few of their screens. I'll have to check it out.

I think the struggle there is just how busy they are. That building sees so much volume that things like seats and carpet are bound to wear down a little quicker than some other locations. But yeah, their Prime auditorium was just renovated back in June when they signed the deal with Dolby. And it had been upgraded a couple times before that earlier in the year when they added Atmos and swapped out the regular seats for leather recliners.

I keep thinking that if they get that close...970ish...they'll do something to push it over.  Add a deleted scene or stinger at the end, maybe.  Re-release it for May the 4th with something new.  I don't know.  Something.  But, Disney has shown a heap of not caring about round numbers, so maybe not.  

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

IMAX is slowly converting their theaters to laser projection: it means a much brighter, more vivid picture. They double-stack two 4K laser projectors (to minimize aliasing) as well. Right now only a few IMAX theaters have it.

Laser projection isn't exclusive to IMAX, though, and slowly other theaters are adding it as well. I know the Arclight Hollywood Dome has it, and so does the Cinerama Dome in Seattle.

Does the Arclight have the Christie 6p as their projector choice, too? It's really sweet looking, although I'm no sure whether it or IMAX's laser setup is better, since IMAX always tends to be in 3D nowadays and the Cinerama (not a dome up  here) leans towards 2D. 

16 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Does the Arclight have the Christie 6p as their projector choice, too? It's really sweet looking, although I'm no sure whether it or IMAX's laser setup is better, since IMAX always tends to be in 3D nowadays and the Cinerama (not a dome up  here) leans towards 2D. 

Yeah, the Arclight uses the Christie 6p. IMAX uses dual Barco 4K projectors (for 2D as well), but then again, their screens are larger too.