Travod

Oscars Discussion - Nominations in First Post - Red Carpet Time!

I thought Bridesmaids was better than DH2.The only loss that can upset me is if Tree of Life loses Cinematography. Hugo was beautifully shot so I can live if that wins, but I'll be severely pissed if The Artist wins. Not a person on the planet can convince me it deserves it over what Lubezki did.

Edited by RichWS

I thought Bridesmaids was better than DH2.The only loss that can upset me is if Tree of Life loses Cinematography. Hugo was beautifully shot so I can live if that wins, but I'll be severely pissed if The Artist wins. Not a person on the planet can convince me it deserves it over what Lubezki did.

I think Tree of Life gets snubbed and Hugo takes Cinematography.Anyway, I feel this is a pretty predictable year. The Artist will win both BP and BD.

When are you gonna take shots?

A power hour isn't when you take shots every time X occurs, it's when you drink 8 beers in one hour, which works out to about a shot of beer every minute (or substitute shots of harder liquor with greater intervals for obvious reasons). Edited by 4815162342

Honestly, are there going to be any surprises tonight/reason to watch? At this point I expect The Artist to basically clean up, with my only hope being Scorsese gets best Director. Also, I think The Artist is an excellent movie, but I can't remember the last time I cared less about the oscars, well maybe the 2009 awards as that was an equally bad year for movies (Hurt Locker has to be one of the most forgettable bp winners and one I find quite overrated).