WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

4 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

You have to upload it 1st to a image site like photobucket or flickr and then embed it here.

Yea I won't be able to do that since I don't have an account on those sites. Anyways it was a huge line that was starting to wrap around the building. Maybe the west can deliver a bigger than expected Sunday.

12 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Yea I won't be able to do that since I don't have an account on those sites. Anyways it was a huge line that was starting to wrap around the building. Maybe the west can deliver a bigger than expected Sunday.

You can use either imgur or cubeupload.

4 hours ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Gambit weren't fit in x force mind set same with warhead.

Cable/copycat/deadpool/colossue are memebers of the team.

I doubt Fox really cares about the X-Force mindset; they're just gonna wanna build a cinematic universe, and with Deadpool at the center of it, it carves out Fox's own niche:

MCU: The codifier for Cinematic Universe, light and fun for the whole family.

DCCU: Dark and gritty, kids might not care for it but teens and adults will

Fox Universe: R-rated comedy superhero movies.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

They could bring Fan Bingbing back. She was pretty cool looking in her brief DOFP cameo.

If they are setting up X-Force, and assuming they want it to be in the present while the X-Men films continue to jump decades, then you'd have to have a team that's mostly separate from those. So no Psylocke, probably: Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Copycat, and sure, Blink.

I think Negasonic will be transferred to the Josh Boone directed New Mutants movie, playing the brooding and goth "Raven-esque" member of the teen team. That opens up a slot which I think will go to Domino.

Dunno about Blink! but I could see them incorporating Gambit and Psylocke, provided they are well received in their respective movies. As the earlier poster said, as time-travelling is involved, everyone is fair game. Gambit is a character who would perfectly fit a "Deadpoolian X-Force" too. 

19 hours ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Pretty sure Marvel is only making money off the toys and comics that will benefit from this movie's success.

That's a pretty big sack of money.    I just bought a DP t-shirt so I contributed.

18 hours ago, Jessie said:

Ed is right. Jackman works great in an ensemble. Wolverine origins managed to outgross First class despite being terrible. The later wolverine looked worse and made around FC numbers.its evident he was the biggest draw of the xmen movies.

Not surprising since he was the only character who received any real narrative attention.

13 hours ago, Phil in the Blank said:

BOF December 2015 - "I'm loving the Star Wars run but its really going to be hard to get excited for another Boxoffice run for a long time given just how amazing its doing."
BOF February 2016 - "HOLY FUCKING SHIT FUCKS DEADPOOL 100M+ OW"

No kidding.   This one came out of nowhere.

Now I guess it's more like, "Gonna be hard to get excited for BvS, CW, and Xmen after SW and DP made everything so crazy".   The bar might actually be higher now for those to do anything "exciting".

9 hours ago, kitik said:

Without a doubt, Colossus had a better role in this movie than in all previous X-Men movies added up together.

He's going to be the lucky recipient of a Deadpool bump in future X-Men films, where he'll almost certainly get a bigger part than he would have a year ago. (Well, if they can figure out a proper film that he would fit into timeline-wise I suppose.)

Good point.   DP may have actually created a cinematic career for two characters. 

22 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think Negasonic will be transferred to the Josh Boone directed New Mutants movie, playing the brooding and goth "Raven-esque" member of the teen team. That opens up a slot which I think will go to Domino.

Dunno about Blink! but I could see them incorporating Gambit and Psylocke, provided they are well received in their respective movies. As the earlier poster said, as time-travelling is involved, everyone is fair game. Gambit is a character who would perfectly fit a "Deadpoolian X-Force" too. 

You could be right about Negasonic. She does provide a ready-ish entry point into New Mutants. The downside is that you lose a bit of the fun interplay that already exists. And since I'd expect New Mutants to skew younger (audience-wise), it may not be a huge advantage.

I really don't see Psylocke making the transition. For one, if she is a breakout character, it wouldn't make sense. Deadpool is already popular. You don't need to load up his team with other popular characters. It's better for her to remain in the X-Men and keep their audience up in this post-original cast era.

Secondly, time travel between the "now" and "X-Men in the past" timelines isn't a smart idea, IMO. Cable comes from the far future to now, so you can just sort of handwave it away, but the plot complexity goes way up if you're jumping characters around. I think it's best for them to just let the X-Men films continue with their delightful "one every decade" thing going on right now without letting the characters appreciably age.

Gambit is a wildcard. It'll be interesting to see what they do there.

I just want to see a 136.5m+ 3 Day. That's what X3 made on Memorial Day Weekend in 2006 if you adjust for inflation(Pretty sure its adj 4 day of 163.2m is out of reach). Regardless, this performance will be way more impressive than the direct sequel to the best X-Film even if it drops 5m.

• Like 2