WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

I didn't remembered how hilarious 2012 was. The Russian dude, Woody Harrelson, the dude that dies in the end and Amanda Peet gives 0 fucks about. The all around AWFUL acting. It is PERFECT. Emmerich the one true king never fails :wub:

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

I didn't remembered how hilarious 2012 was. The Russian dude, Woody Harrelson, the dude that dies in the end and Amanda Peet gives 0 fucks about. The all around AWFUL acting. It is PERFECT. Emmerich the one true king never fails :wub:

You're aware the guy who was Amanda Peet's boyfriend was also the director of Spotlight, right?

1 hour ago, The Stingray said:

Ghost Ship got nothing on 13 Ghosts, the worst movie that I have seen in theaters. Sphere is a close second.

I've heard that movie is practically unwatchable simply because they have three long second scenes constantly or something.

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I feel like I betrayed myself but I won't lie to myself: the movie is fucking balls to the wall AWESOME.

Hide contents

"Colossus: We are gonna see Professor X.

Deadpool: Stewart or McAvoy? These timelines are so confusing!" 

The joke in the spoiler tag above had me in stitches.

Hide contents

Plus the random way the covers of Sexiest Man Alive magazines of Reynolds and Jackman show up are so ridiculous it had me laughing out loud. The opening credits are perfection.

My cheeks and belly are HURTING again after watching this. This film just can't be real. This is all a dream. It's just not fucking possible for a Deadpool film be this fucking magical.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

even better that the dude that dies in the end you're talking about is spotlight director tom mccarthy.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You're aware the guy who was Amanda Peet's boyfriend was also the director of Spotlight, right?

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

even better that the dude that dies in the end you're talking about is spotlight director tom mccarthy.

He should stick with directing and never act in life again then :lol:

And no, I had no idea.

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Gods of Egypt is giving me such a Jupiter Ascending vibe

Gods of Egypt is gonna be amazing and terrible at the same time. Gerard Butler is clearly hamming it up big time.

Welp there's the breakout that I thought could happen for weeks! 

@Telemachos, I was really surprised when you said the marketing campaign for BvS was genius compared to this movie last night. Just curious, did you watch all of the spots that were created just for Youtube (aka 12 days of Deadpool, the spots for all the popular TV shows, the cancer awareness ads)? Did you see all the stuff on Twitter like the custom posters, etc. Or did you just see the TV spots and trailers?

BvS so far hasn't had near that level of immersion into the mainstream (and honestly it doesn't need it because it's Batman and Superman). The only thing that marketing campaign has had is #whowillwin and the Turkish Airlines spots.

Deadpool was so much more then that. Even Betty White did a custom trailer! The last time anything like this happened was for Anchorman 2.

Deadpool was everywhere and this opening weekend is proving how effective all of that was. And the movie is so much fun. I'm so stoked to see it doing well.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

i'm never gonna see gods of egypt but i am for sure gonna seee that kevin spacey talking cat movie at some point so i can't talk shit.

Oh my god I saw that trailer for that at Kung Fu Panda 3. :lol: The Usual Suspects and American Beauty were so long ago.