GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

13 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Seeing family films in the cinema can be a pain. Try to go to either a late show, or a midday show on a school day. No pesky kids. :P 

I seen Toy Story 3 opening day at a 2:30 show with practically a full theater of adults and we all were in tears at the end. I'm not usually an animated movie guy but the originals were my favorite movies growing up and I'll probably be there opening day for 4. 

Just realised I was 13 when Toy Story 3 came out, what the fuck. That's so young.

There are some really great films for kids. In the last year I've enjoyed Pan, Minions, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Bill, Goosebumps, Spongebob, and Shaun the Sheep, all of which I saw in the cinema. Really looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 3 next month. I know a lot of adults skip out on these movies but there's so much good stuff there. All the films I mention there are great on their own terms and can be thoroughly enjoyed by adults. 

• Like 1

Watched Deadpool today, they had a projector malfunction or something in the IMAX theater which meant that our showing started 30 minutes late, the audience was left sitting in the darkened theater for the whole time. They gave us full refunds and one pass for a future IMAX movie. I have 3 other passes from the same theater from the time the projectionist could not cue the sound and picture on Interstellar correctly leading to an almost 2 hour delay in the movie starting. Might use the passes for Gods of Egypt or something I would check out just out of curiosity.

• Like 1

I didn't go to the theater this week so I caught up on some of the movies I missed last year - so far I've seen The Gambler, Selma, Project Almanac and Still Alice, and I'm in the middle of Wedding Ringer right now.

The only one of those that really impressed me was Selma, though Wedding Ringer is funny despite its unoriginality.

I might watch Focus and Kingsman: The Secret Service this upcoming weekend if Gods of Egypt's reviews fend off my desire to see it in the theater.

Edited by department store basement

5 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

Just realised I was 13 when Toy Story 3 came out, what the fuck. That's so young.

There are some really great films for kids. In the last year I've enjoyed Pan, Minions, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Bill, Goosebumps, Spongebob, and Shaun the Sheep, all of which I saw in the cinema. Really looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 3 next month. I know a lot of adults skip out on these movies but there's so much good stuff there. All the films I mention there are great on their own terms and can be thoroughly enjoyed by adults. 

I'm curious to check out Goosebumps just cause I loved the books and show so much. Not a big Jack Black fan though which is why I haven't seen any of the Kung Fu Panda movies. 

I would be pumped for 10 Cloverfield Lane or Whiskey Tango Foxtrot if I wasn't so thrifty with my finances. I usually only go to 2 movies a month at most. The only one I'm for sure seeing next month in the theater is BvS - I'm no fan of superhero movies but I want to be there for the "event".

Edited by department store basement

Our movie cash is pretty much completely used up due to seeing so many movies over the holidays and after. This is the most caught up I will have been on the Oscars on the night of the ceremony in like a decade or so.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I would be pumped for 10 Cloverfield Lane or Whiskey Tango Foxtrot if I wasn't so thrifty with my finances. I usually only go to 2 movies a month at most. The only one I'm for sure seeing next month in the theater is BvS - I'm no fan of superhero movies but I want to be there for the "event".

I plan on seeing all 3. Might check out Allegiant not sure yet. After BvS there really isn't anything I want to see till Civil War. 

4 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Are you interested in Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I'm not sure about that one. As much as I love Tina Fey, the movie looks awfully similar to Our Brand Is Crisis (hey, Billy Bob!), which I'm pretty sure is not a good thing. Maybe if Fey actually wrote it herself (since her material always ends up better than the ones fed to her).