CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Do you guys think WB would be happy with one billion?

Of course they would, even just missing it would still make one of the highest grossing WB films of all time. Only LOTR/Hobbit, The last two Dark Knight films and Harry Potter have made $900m-1bn

19 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Any guesses how much BvS will pull in overseas?

So far it's doing better than MOS but everyone expected that.

What are the chances this misses one billion WW?

100 % under 700mil.  now im never getting my justice league. fuck my life

oprhc.gif

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Sure.

But BvS was designed to be much more than a movie that makes money.

Doing 1B WW is not enough I am sorry, not when you are doing an inter connected franchise with three of the most popular superhero characters ever.

MOS was supposed to launch the DCEU.

BvS was supposed to launch the DCEU and well, I guess it won't.

So Wonder Woman has to be their Iron Man ?

What a twist.

Marvel didn't get the goodwill they have now out of a vacuum, they actually managed to make crowd pleasing films that the masses enjoy greatly to varying degrees.

Warner desperately needs an Avengers type of movie to create goodwill and brand recognition.

Suicide Squad can't be that movie since it is separate from the Justice League master plan.

3 hours ago, Dragon said:

100 % under 700mil.  now im never getting my justice league. fuck my life

oprhc.gif

Justice League WILL happen. Even if BvS makes under $700m WW, even though it won't.

And it will be a much better film for it. Trust me on that and don't lose hope. If there's one thing that TASM2 taught me, it's that sometimes blessings come misguised as curses. And I'm very serious about this, this is the true dawn of justice. Things will be set in the right track after this madness.

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Doing 1B WW is not enough I am sorry, not when you are doing an inter connected franchise with three of the most popular superhero characters ever.

What a twist.

Marvel didn't get the goodwill they have now out of a vacuum, they actually managed to make crowd pleasing films that the masses enjoy greatly to varying degrees.

Warner desperately needs an Avengers type of movie to create goodwill and brand recognition.

Suicide Squad can't be that movie since it is separate from the Justice League master plan.

Lol.

I guess you say that because it doesn't have one of the big heroes?

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Lol.

I guess you say that because it doesn't have one of the big heroes?

No because none of the characters from Suicide Squad will be in Justice League I am being told.

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

This is all pure speculation at this point.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

What a twist.

I agree with you. All the rules are out of the window when you are spending so much money in creating an inter-connected Universe. A billion for TFA would've been underwhelming in that context too.

Just now, The Futurist said:

No because none of the characters from Suicide Squad will be in Justice League I am being told.

By who?

I also think they won't be in JL but you don't know that.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

This is all pure speculation at this point.

Sorry but I ve seen the movie and I know a crowd pleasing winner/film when I see it.

You still believe that BvS is a trashed by critic, beloved by audiences affair ?

Good luck with that.

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

:(

Justice League WILL happen. Even if BvS makes under $700m WW, even though it won't.

And it will be a much better film for it. Trust me on that and don't lose hope. If there's one thing that TASM2 taught me, it's that sometimes blessings come misguised as curses. And I'm very serious about this, this is the true dawn of justice. Thinks will be set in the right track after this madness.

Hope you are right.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

By who?

I also think they won't be in JL but you don't know that.

I asked the question to comic book fans on this board, Suicide Squad and Justice League are two separate entities that never meet.

There s the Joker/Batman connection though they could exploit I guess.