CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Hatebox said:

That site won't let me check it without ad-blocker, but it's a bit of meaningless stat given the Good Friday.

Also the huge previews. Bet most of the comps are movies from years ago.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hatebox said:

That site won't let me check it with ad-blocker, but it's a bit of meaningless stat given the Good Friday.

I think it's the only superhero movie to open on Good Friday. That statistic was pretty much locked to happen no matter what due to inflated Good Friday and deflated Easter Sunday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Justice League will be much bigger. People are definitely champing at the bit to see cyborg and aquaman join the team baby!

JK Simmons effect

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

Only 165m OW? Absolute bomb. Burn WB to the ground.

$165M OW for a blockbuster is definately not a bomb.

And before any of you says, "Oh, but it's just a joke". Well, joke or not...i don't care.

Even AOU wasn't a bomb with it's $191M OW and $1.4B WW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I think reviews definitely hurt it this weekend. If they had been similar to MOS it probably wouldn't have mattered but dropping below 30% probably led some people to skip it or download it. 

Well, download it just to hate it.....cause, yeah....those reviews aren't really that kind to this movie.

3 minutes ago, Focus said:

With Synder still directing? No way. DC wants to set itself apart from Marvel with a darker tone.

i guess you havent seen BvS or seen Terio say JL will be lighter in tone. And its quite easy to figure out with not so serious and more happy superheroes like Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That contract is probably pretty good. And no matter what he will always stay as a producer.

I just can't see WB justifying this train wreck to keep going. It's the equivalent of keeping Schumacher after both BF and B&R, or Webb after TASM 1 and 2, ergo not likely, regardless the press releases they've done. It's literally burning money. 

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

Are you serious have you seen the movie and the way it ended. LOL. JL will be way way lighter and more accessable. Even Terio has said that in interviews. JL will DC's TA.

It can do both. And even more extremely. Lex shows this at the end of the film.

See Excalibur for example.

#irony

Just now, mredman said:

i guess you havent seen BvS or seen Terio say JL will be lighter in tone. And its quite easy to figure out with not so serious and more happy superheroes like Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg

I'm sure they hired Momoa because of the pleasant disposition he displayed in GoT

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

That site won't let me check it with ad-blocker, but it's a bit of meaningless stat given the Good Friday.

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Also the huge previews. Bet most of the comps are movies from years ago.

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think it's the only superhero movie to open on Good Friday. That statistic was pretty much locked to happen no matter what due to inflated Good Friday and deflated Easter Sunday.

Good to hear. Guess Forbes wants some clickbait. Since the actuals aren't officially released yet.

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

I just can't see WB justifying this train wreck to keep going. It's the equivalent of keeping Schumacher after both BF and B&R, or Webb after TASM 1 and 2, ergo not likely, regardless the press releases they've done. It's literally burning money. 

OK. I get it now. Your doing a parody of the spidey reboot. Ha ha.

Well, the reason DC sticked with a more adult and darker tone for MoS & BvS.....was that it worked well for the Nolan-Batman trilogy....and when they made Green Lantern (Which was the opposite tone of the Nolan-Batman films)....it pretty backfired with the kiddie-tone for GL. So this more darker tone was the one DC had to stick with...only to be different from Marvel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

I have seen BvS. JL having a lighter and happier tone would be a huge disconnect from BvS and MoS.

And no one cares about Aquaman and Cyborg.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Well, the reason DC sticked with a more adult and darker tone for MoS & BvS.....was that it worked well for the Nolan-Batman trilogy....and when they made Green Lantern (Which was the opposite tone of the Nolan-Batman films)....it pretty backfired with the kiddie-tone for GL. So this more darker tone was the one DC had to stick with...only to be different from Marvel.

Quality is more important than tone. Winter Soldier is pretty serious and that doesn't keep it from being about a million times better than Green Lantern.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

I have seen BvS. JL having a lighter and happier tone would be a huge disconnect from BvS and MoS.

That wouldn't be a bad thing

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

Do you understand that Avengers was as big as it was because it featured IM, Cap, Thor, and Hulk all in the same movie together for the first time? Not because it was lighter in tone than the IM or Thor movies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

GL is a terrible movie all-around. It makes sense that DC to differentiate itself from Marvel.

• Like 1